Sponsored

Synergy JLU 1" Springs w/Fox IFP Shocks?

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Hey everyone, I need some input on some springs I just purchased. My JLU is currently on stock Rubicon suspension (61/62F - 90/91R) and I have a .75" Daystar spacer on top to give my 35's some more breathing room. I also have JL specific Fox IFP shocks 0-1.5" lift with this setup and I tried getting some input from Synergy about whether the shock valving and specific shocks would work with the springs. They said they do not have much experience with the 1" springs since they are not very popular but it should be fine. My plan was to swap out the Rubicon springs and .75" spacers for the 1" lift springs essentially giving myself .25" more lift than the current setup and simplifying and improving things with the multi rate springs.

So for my questions about this, does anyone have this exact setup? How is the ride quality? Are the Synergy 1" springs too soft or are they firmer than the stock Rubicon springs? Also, are the Fox IFP 0-1.5" shocks measured off a stock Rubicon for the 0" and are good up to 1.5" of lift meaning they will work with the 1" Synergy springs? Or how are the Fox shock lift ranges calculated? I tried calling Fox but did not get a solid answer. Sorry for the questions, I just bought the springs thinking they would be exactly what I want now im second guessing myself. Am I going crazy here or am I thinking correctly? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
How did you go with the 1inch synergy springs? I have them in my JLU sport S. Tried them with rubicon shocks, falcon SP2 and skyjacker black max. I’m finding the ride rough but when you rock the Jeep it’s soft. Trying to work out if new springs or shocks will soften the comfort for on road ride?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
How did you go with the 1inch synergy springs? I have them in my JLU sport S. Tried them with rubicon shocks, falcon SP2 and skyjacker black max. I’m finding the ride rough but when you rock the Jeep it’s soft. Trying to work out if new springs or shocks will soften the comfort for on road ride?
Falcon are known to ride a little stiff on small bumps because of the digressive valving. Have you tried another shock?

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Falcon are known to ride a little stiff on small bumps because of the digressive valving. Have you tried another shock?
I’ve tried them with stock sport shocks, rubi shocks and black max shocks. The smoothest was sport shocks but still noticeably harsher and jiggly vs stock springs.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve tried them with stock sport shocks, rubi shocks and black max shocks. The smoothest was sport shocks but still noticeably harsher and jiggly vs stock springs.
what tires are you running? The synergy spring rates are one of the closest to stock out there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am still running them with the Fox 2.0 IFP shocks and have on two different JL's now. First was my 2019 JLUS and now on my 2021 JLUR. I have fully equipped AEV bumpers, Warn 12S, AEV 7000 series lights, tire carrier on my JLUR so lots of extra weight and the springs are working beautifully. The ride is pretty smooth overall but the rear is noticeably harsher riding with no weight in the back. I think this could be remedied with some adjustable shocks and I have been looking at the Fox Factory ones. I am in the process of upgrading my 35's to 37's and will likely add a small spacer to these springs and continue to run them. Overall, I have no complaints and it works as I wanted. I also have other upgrades to the Jeep including s Yeti XD Pro front trac bar, and a Fox Factory adjustable steering stabilizer.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I am still running them with the Fox 2.0 IFP shocks and have on two different JL's now. First was my 2019 JLUS and now on my 2021 JLUR. I have fully equipped AEV bumpers, Warn 12S, AEV 7000 series lights, tire carrier on my JLUR so lots of extra weight and the springs are working beautifully. The ride is pretty smooth overall but the rear is noticeably harsher riding with no weight in the back. I think this could be remedied with some adjustable shocks and I have been looking at the Fox Factory ones. I am in the process of upgrading my 35's to 37's and will likely add a small spacer to these springs and continue to run them. Overall, I have no complaints and it works as I wanted. I also have other upgrades to the Jeep including s Yeti XD Pro front trac bar, and a Fox Factory adjustable steering stabilizer.
I currently have 61/62 90/91 Rubi springs and shocks with Daystar 3/4” spacers all around. My rear unloaded is BARELY higher than the front. I was at about .5” higher out back until I changed tires and added the Mopar reinforcement. Probably about 30lbs of additional leverage out back pushing the rear down. Also added 2 recovery boards mounted inside, FAK, and the aluminum blackout panels for carrying fuel. Pic attached.

I just received the same 1” Synergy springs for the rear and debated should I take the springs AND spacers out or if I’m going to load it up with 200-300 lbs out back, just add these Synergy springs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy JLU 1" Springs w/Fox IFP Shocks? BE6F0F68-9118-41DF-87E9-64B6A7247B2D

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I currently have 61/62 90/91 Rubi springs and shocks with Daystar 3/4” spacers all around. My rear unloaded is BARELY higher than the front. I was at about .5” higher out back until I changed tires and added the Mopar reinforcement. Probably about 30lbs of additional leverage out back pushing the rear down. Also added 2 recovery boards mounted inside, FAK, and the aluminum blackout panels for carrying fuel. Pic attached.

I just received the same 1” Synergy springs for the rear and debated should I take the springs AND spacers out or if I’m going to load it up with 200-300 lbs out back, just add these Synergy springs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy JLU 1" Springs w/Fox IFP Shocks? BE6F0F68-9118-41DF-87E9-64B6A7247B2D
Rear is easy enough to do so I would put the Synergy springs in by themselves and see how it sits/rides and go from there. I do not know how the feeling is going to be with the mismatched springs front and rear. The Synergy springs are multi rate coils while the Rubicon ones are linear so it may feel weird especially around turns. I can say that my Synergy springs have handled the weight extremely well and the only reason I would be adding a spacer is for a bit more clearance. I am on the fence about doing so and may just add more bumpstopping to keep the LCOG I wanted.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I have the 1” synergy springs on 0.5” teraflex spacers and falcon 2.1 shocks. It rides just about perfect.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy JLU 1" Springs w/Fox IFP Shocks? 4CB7B787-6C8C-479A-93FE-04137B085CBB

Below is the synergy spring vs rubicon springs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy JLU 1" Springs w/Fox IFP Shocks? 65165702-11AD-4370-A12F-3B461B27A01A

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy JLU 1" Springs w/Fox IFP Shocks? 2E568F0B-8E73-4D18-9B99-7E1938ADFEBE

B4CDB43B-6D40-4ABD-9BDD-B1A712EC1277.jpeg

97F19DB8-EC4B-4282-8B00-4386F718C913.jpeg

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Rear is easy enough to do so I would put the Synergy springs in by themselves and see how it sits/rides and go from there. I do not know how the feeling is going to be with the mismatched springs front and rear. The Synergy springs are multi rate coils while the Rubicon ones are linear so it may feel weird especially around turns. I can say that my Synergy springs have handled the weight extremely well and the only reason I would be adding a spacer is for a bit more clearance. I am on the fence about doing so and may just add more bumpstopping to keep the LCOG I wanted.
My garage floor isn’t level and the jack stands rocked the last attempt at rear suspension. That was a hard stop. lol

I hope the rake is 1” or less with spacer. If not, I guess I’ll pay them to take the spacer out.

Anyone think I need bump stops at this point if the total increase is 1”?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My garage floor isn’t level and the jack stands rocked the last attempt at rear suspension. That was a hard stop. lol

I hope the rake is 1” or less with spacer. If not, I guess I’ll pay them to take the spacer out.

Anyone think I need bump stops at this point if the total increase is 1”?
Really depends on a few factors including what size tires you are running or plan to run, the length of your shocks, etc. You would want to cycle the suspension and see what hits and where (if at all) and that would tell you what you need to focus your efforts on. Synergy springs keep the factory rake I was told from speaking to one of the customer service reps prior to purchasing them. Uneven garage floor sounds absolutely awful.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Really depends on a few factors including what size tires you are running or plan to run, the length of your shocks, etc. You would want to cycle the suspension and see what hits and where (if at all) and that would tell you what you need to focus your efforts on. Synergy springs keep the factory rake I was told from speaking to one of the customer service reps prior to purchasing them. Uneven garage floor sounds absolutely awful.
Yeah, the driveway is too. Keeps water flowing outward. I understand why but it’s annoying.

34.5” tires and stock Rubicon shocks.

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I have the 3" lift + Falcon 3.3 SP2, and I feel like these super soft coils pair with stiff shocks really well. Not sure how the IFP's would work but I think those are the shocks Synergy will suggest most.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I have the 1” synergy springs on 0.5” teraflex spacers and falcon 2.1 shocks. It rides just about perfect.

4CB7B787-6C8C-479A-93FE-04137B085CBB.jpeg

Below is the synergy spring vs rubicon springs.

65165702-11AD-4370-A12F-3B461B27A01A.jpeg

2E568F0B-8E73-4D18-9B99-7E1938ADFEBE.jpeg

B4CDB43B-6D40-4ABD-9BDD-B1A712EC1277.jpeg

97F19DB8-EC4B-4282-8B00-4386F718C913.jpeg
Did you also install bump stop spacers? AFAIK synergy recommends 2in spacers with their 1in springs. If not, what do the springs look like when fully compressed?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Did you also install bump stop spacers? AFAIK synergy recommends 2in spacers with their 1in springs. If not, what do the springs look like when fully compressed?
I’m skeptical because that is all the way up to 3” of lift on a 4dr and they don’t say anything different for a 2dr. (That would be even higher accepting even taller tires too.) I’m no suspension guru but my guess would be there would have to at least be some gray areas in there.
Sponsored