Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Nice try, but the brace has honestly dropped off my radar after getting the box tsb. I only had the very minimum end of the aluminum box woes, but the iron one really dialed in the straight and curved road tracking. It's also less affected by the dips and leans of the road, along with heavy crosswinds.

I just finally ordered their regular frame reinforcement. After getting such a huge improvement with both brackets for the rear bar, I'm convinced that the simpler one is what would benefit my Jeep.

Talking about this has me ramped up about the front end overhaul.
You might as well set up an assembly line with all the stuff you have to put on 🤣
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
You might as well set up an assembly line with all the stuff you have to put on 🤣
My thoughts exactly, which is why I just posted an ad in the local Craigslist men seeking men section. Fingers crossed!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Hate bring up a old trend but what streering brace should I buy for my jl.. want up grade my tie rod and drag links and install a sector brace at same time ... what brace is best to buy ? Synergy or steer smart ??? Are all the issues with synergy solved ??

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
Hate bring up a old trend but what streering brace should I buy for my jl.. want up grade my tie rod and drag links and install a sector brace at same time ... what brace is best to buy ? Synergy or steer smart ??? Are all the issues with synergy solved ??
I put the synergy brace on my JL early on and it has been a pain, the bushing keeps spinning and it’s hard to grease. I purchased a second one for my Gladiator after synergy made some updates to the design and it installed much easier and I have had zero issues with it. I have always been a big fan of steersmart but haven’t tried their brace.

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I put the synergy brace on my JL early on and it has been a pain, the bushing keeps spinning and it’s hard to grease. I purchased a second one for my Gladiator after synergy made some updates to the design and it installed much easier and I have had zero issues with it. I have always been a big fan of steersmart but haven’t tried their brace.
Thanks for the reply .. maybe I’ll buy directly from synergy and ask about the new updated model . Thanks for the info !!

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Ive been running synergy for a year. I had an issue with the sector shaft piece, but they replaced it free of charge once they updated that part.

Sponsored

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed my Synergy sector shaft brace today. Very straightforward. Took about an hour total install time. My kit came with four new long bolts to replace the existing steering box bolts, but they seemed too short. The stock bolts were longer so I reused those same ones and torqued to spec.

Everything lined up nicely and there are no gaps anywhere. The little tapered Allen head screw on the back side of the sector shaft brace is just silly. I could get a torque wrench back there but tightened as much as I could without stripping it.

I used a buddy's battery-powered grease gun and over-filled the fitting and some grease oozed out the top of the flange. I took it for a test drive and everything seems to work fine. There's no noise and the difference in steering stability is unbelievable. I would never have thought this would have made this significant s difference.

I think I'll replace both front and rear trackbars, tie rod and drag links next and that will conclude the improvements needed to the steering.

22Mag

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Willy's
I just got my Synergy sector shaft brace installed today and the steering is greatly improved, much tighter and more responsive. I had a local shop do the work and they did an excellent job. I can drive down the freeway at 70 and let go of the wheel and it tracks straight and doesn't wander, it made a big difference. It sucks that jeep didn't really address the issue except for a TSB, but Synergy fixed the problem with this new brace.

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Anyone have the brace and the coil hit when flexed out? I have decent contact even though my alignment is good. I also have a clanking noise coming from the steering

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the brace and the coil hit when flexed out? I have decent contact even though my alignment is good. I also have a clanking noise coming from the steering
Mine is close but doesn’t make contact, you may need to increase your wheel base a bit.

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Mine is close but doesn’t make contact, you may need to increase your wheel base a bit.

Sorry what do you mean by wheel base? Like push the axel back?
Sponsored