First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
just the saddle part (what you circled) they can leave the big bracket alone it won’t effect the TSB the bolts still fit fine.
Reinstall the brace, and your done.
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have an appointment Thursday with advisor to schedule TSB. I should only remove the sector shaft bearing correct. Or the whole track bar brace? When you say synergy nut which one are you referring to? I believe my pitman arm nut is original one. Or am I missing something here? See picture for reference.

85FE8B81-5AE5-4A78-9325-8537EA683169.jpeg
I removed the bearing (silver part you have circled) but left the track bar brace in place. For a few different reasons, I also swapped the stock pitman arm nut back on. In order for the sector shaft bearing to go on, you have to have the Synergy nut on instead of stock. So @Levin_tom , you have the Synergy nut on. It's not hard to put the stock nut back on, I had to remove the track bar at the frame end to get to mine though.

I used your pic and added two arrows. The red arrow is pointing at the pitman arm nut. The Synergy nut is silver and stock is a dull gray. The green arrow is the sector shaft bearing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace pitman nut

The reason I put the stock nut back on is I didn't want the tech to: 1) throw it away, or at least not re-install it with the old gear box and 2) destroy it when removing the nut.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I removed the bearing (silver part you have circled) but left the track bar brace in place. For a few different reasons, I also swapped the stock pitman arm nut back on. In order for the sector shaft bearing to go on, you have to have the Synergy nut on instead of stock. So @Levin_tom , you have the Synergy nut on. It's not hard to put the stock nut back on, I had to remove the track bar at the frame end to get to mine though.

I used your pic and added two arrows. The red arrow is pointing at the pitman arm nut. The Synergy nut is silver and stock is a dull gray. The green arrow is the sector shaft bearing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace pitman nut

The reason I put the stock nut back on is I didn't want the tech to: 1) throw it away, or at least not re-install it with the old gear box and 2) destroy it when removing the nut.
Thanks @limeade. I understand now. I cannot seem to find the stock nut in my garage :headbang: . Any thoughts where I can get a new one?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @limeade. I understand now. I cannot seem to find the stock nut in my garage :headbang: . Any thoughts where I can get a new one?
A Jeep parts dept. Or explain it to the service advisor and tech and see what they say. I would print out the Synergy instructions and give them to the tech with a note explaining what it is and what you want done (re-install the Synergy nut). If he won’t do that and will only install the stock nut, make sure he gives it back so you can swap it.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
A Jeep parts dept. Or explain it to the service advisor and tech and see what they say. I would print out the Synergy instructions and give them to the tech with a note explaining what it is and what you want done (re-install the Synergy nut). If he won’t do that and will only install the stock nut, make sure he gives it back so you can swap it.
I will def print the out instructions and note. Let you know how it goes. If they do destroy or lose the nut, the replacement would be this one correct?
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 927ECB85-87C6-4BC4-B13F-A70E7BF915B5

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I will def print the out instructions and note. Let you know how it goes. If they do destroy or lose the nut, the replacement would be this one correct?
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 927ECB85-87C6-4BC4-B13F-A70E7BF915B5
Yes

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Popped off the sector shaft brace today to prep the steering system for the steering gear TSB install tomorrow morning. I checked the bushing and found the grease hole was still perfectly aligned with the grease zerk. This is after about 10k miles using the fix (adding a set screw) which @Roky outlined. I've had no creaking or other abnormal noise and have always been able to add grease since the fix. I find no reason to send mine in for Synergy's revised part.

Thanks again Roky for the super easy and quick fix which is definitely working.
How often should I be adding grease to the bearing? Thanks for the help! @limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How often should I be adding grease to the bearing? Thanks for the help! @limeade
No problem!

I add grease every oil change, which is about 4-5k miles. You'll know when it's full of lube when you can't pump anymore in there, usually a couple of pumps.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR

The stock nut would be this one correct?

303EC560-F01C-49EB-A2D7-CC3444790DD0.png

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Just be prepared as my dealership wanted the entire brace removed to do the steering TSB. So it will depend on the service advisor and tech as to how far from stock they are willing to deal with.

But it was totally worth it to remove it all, get the TSB done, and re-install it all as the Jeep drives so much better now.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Nice try, but the brace has honestly dropped off my radar after getting the box tsb. I only had the very minimum end of the aluminum box woes, but the iron one really dialed in the straight and curved road tracking. It's also less affected by the dips and leans of the road, along with heavy crosswinds.

I just finally ordered their regular frame reinforcement. After getting such a huge improvement with both brackets for the rear bar, I'm convinced that the simpler one is what would benefit my Jeep.

Talking about this has me ramped up about the front end overhaul.
Sponsored