Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
You guys received the updated replacement sector shaft in a couple days? I reached out to Synergy a month ago and did the picture and invoice. I was told they will sent me a updated replacement. I still haven't got it. I think they forgot about me.
Yep 3 days for me.
Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
You guys received the updated replacement sector shaft in a couple days? I reached out to Synergy a month ago and did the picture and invoice. I was told they will send me a updated replacement. I still haven't got it. I think they forgot about me.
Took mine off and sent it to them, they updated it and returned it pretty quickly.

Shadwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 2 door Sport
Took mine off and sent it to them, they updated it and returned it pretty quickly.
Huh? They didn't say anything about sending my sector shaft to them. They did ask for my address. After telling my address that was last time I heard from them. I sent a email 5 days ago and got no response so far. I'm not sure what I can do now.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Huh? They didn't say anything about sending my sector shaft to them. They did ask for my address. After telling my address that was last time I heard from them. I sent a email 5 days ago and got no response so far. I'm not sure what I can do now.
its only two lil bolts, take it off and send it to them.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Synergy sent me the sector shaft replacement last week and will install this week. Was the problem fixed?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Popped off the sector shaft brace today to prep the steering system for the steering gear TSB install tomorrow morning. I checked the bushing and found the grease hole was still perfectly aligned with the grease zerk. This is after about 10k miles using the fix (adding a set screw) which @Roky outlined. I've had no creaking or other abnormal noise and have always been able to add grease since the fix. I find no reason to send mine in for Synergy's revised part.

Thanks again Roky for the super easy and quick fix which is definitely working.

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anytime brother ...... glad to hear it’s working, I haven’t had any trouble either. Not a peep from it since I realized I was washing the grease out of it when pressure washing the mud off ....:facepalm:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Popped off the sector shaft brace today to prep the steering system for the steering gear TSB install tomorrow morning. I checked the bushing and found the grease hole was still perfectly aligned with the grease zerk. This is after about 10k miles using the fix (adding a set screw) which @Roky outlined. I've had no creaking or other abnormal noise and have always been able to add grease since the fix. I find no reason to send mine in for Synergy's revised part.

Do you plan on reinstalling it after the TSB?

I had materials set aside and was right on the brink of a final design for my own brace. I'm glad I waited until after the new box, before starting to fill the chip pan on the lathe and mill. I've scrapped the project, and the synergy bracket and brace are still in the original box. I'm gonna get the steersmarts track bar reinforcement instead.

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Do you plan on reinstalling it after the TSB?

I had materials set aside and was right on the brink of a final design for my own brace. I'm glad I waited until after the new box, before starting to fill the chip pan on the lathe and mill. I've scrapped the project, and the synergy bracket and brace are still in the original box. I'm gonna get the steersmarts track bar reinforcement instead.
Yes, I’m going to reinstall the bearing as I’m keeping the Synergy brace on. All I did to prep it for the TSB was removal of the sector shaft bearing and put the original pitman nut back on (didn’t want the tech to throw out the Synergy nut). I left him detailed instructions, including the Synergy instructions, in an envelope so the bolts get torqued to Synergy’s spec.

I think the Synergy system is good, although the bearing could be better and I’ll keep it for now. When Steersmarts comes out with theirs, I’ll look at it and maybe put it on my 2019 so I can do a comparison of each brand and style.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I’m going to reinstall the bearing as I’m keeping the Synergy brace on. All I did to prep it for the TSB was removal of the sector shaft bearing and put the original pitman nut back on (didn’t want the tech to throw out the Synergy nut). I left him detailed instructions, including the Synergy instructions, in an envelope so the bolts get torqued to Synergy’s spec.

I think the Synergy system is good, although the bearing could be better and I’ll keep it for now. When Steersmarts comes out with theirs, I’ll look at it and maybe put it on my 2019 so I can do a comparison of each brand and style.
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that Steersmarts was coming out with a sector shaft brace. They, and others like Rusty’s, have standard track bar reinforcements. I could simply cut the brace ears off the synergy reinforcement, but I'd rather just take the easy route to a simple black finished bracket.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that Steersmarts was coming out with a sector shaft brace. They, and others like Rusty’s, have standard track bar reinforcements. I could simply cut the brace ears off the synergy reinforcement, but I'd rather just take the easy route to a simple black finished bracket.
Oh! I thought I read something about them coming out with a sector shaft brace setup.

You don’t need to cut the ears off if you don’t want to run the bearing. They don’t interfere with anything and maybe one day Synergy will come out with a better needle type bearing which would bolt right in.

I know the current bearing isn’t the greatest, but it does provide some some support and I’m ok with that.

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just got my
Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace In ams will install this week! How does everyone like it? I have just a tad wonder but nothing to bad.
Regarding the TRACK BAR Amazing
I had the EVO TRACK BAR
And I had to change the bushings 3 times a year
The sector shaft brace does the job very well

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh! I thought I read something about them coming out with a sector shaft brace setup.

You don’t need to cut the ears off if you don’t want to run the bearing. They don’t interfere with anything and maybe one day Synergy will come out with a better needle type bearing which would bolt right in.

I know the current bearing isn’t the greatest, but it does provide some some support and I’m ok with that.
I used Synergy parts to fill in all the voids in my prior Dynatrac Endurosport lift. Now that I've switched to the 3.5 Gamechanger, I'm purging all the bluish gray in favor of the gold standard.

Just trying to avoid looking like I barreled through the paint department at home depot. Lol
Sponsored