Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace

fatmanontwowheels

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I'm currently on the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift, which doesn't include all the other supporting parts. I filled in the gaps by replacing all 8 control arms and rear track bar with Synergy adjustables and used SteerSmarts for the front track bar and steering linkages.

I'm about to pull the 2" lift and replace it with the Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger minus control arms and track bars. Before going higher, I wanted to reinforce the stronger arms and linkages as much as possible, which will not only give the vehicle more resistance to the increased leverage forces that come with larger tires and lift but also allows full adjustability for fine tuning.

I'm more than likely not going to install the sector shaft brace portion of the Synergy front track bar bracket, or possibly sell it in the marketplace and get the SteerSmarts version. As I typed that, I just decided on the latter.

Anyone in the new york area that's interested in a great deal on this part and willing to drive to long Island, I'll prove it to be well worth your drive. It'll be in the marketplace in a day or so.
Is the Dynatrac lift gonna be f/s also?
Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Found new problem with this synergy trackbar and sector shaft brace, when turning wheels to left and slightly reverse there is a clicking sounds also when running around 55 miles steering start to vibrate what is causing this issue? Check everything is tight and torque specs right and still a problem please help thanks.
This is what happened to me.... I got the clicking but it was obvious even in Park or at slow speeds.

I thought it was the oem drag link pitman arm side ball joint which on mine is worn anyways (super loose after removing) but after replacing the oem drag link with a synergy I still had this clicking popping sound and I took off the sector shaft aluminum brace and it went away completely.

my inner bushing on the synergy brace was also totally turned 90 degrees away from the zerk. And yes I did grease it on install.

unfortunately I think mine was binding the sector shaft but with enough lateral force that my sector shaft nut loosened a little bit (see pic). I always mark my aftermarket parts with red nail polish to quickly check it something loosens. I had to disassemble everything and retorque to 184 ft lb. and yes I used a healthy dose of red loctite.

Unfortunately I really liked the feel the sector shaft brace had on steering it was a much more Deliberate feel with far less steering wheel deflection when hitting bumps and potholes....But didn’t like the Clicking noise it made, the inability to reliably grease without removing the entire brace along with front track bar, and what made me decide to keep this part off was the fact the pitman arm nut loosened. I’ve mostly used this on the street FYI for the last 1000 miles since install. As in maybe only 10 miles of very easy dirt roads. I’m happy others aren’t having issues but I’m not the only one and it’s just too much effort to keep futzing with.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 68D33C69-DF3A-4A02-BA25-B7075FB575CF

image.jpg

Winx

First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
epic-4wd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
After much frustration, and too much time wasted trying to circumvent this product's short comings, I'm about to throw in the towel - the bushing still spins.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace IMG_2111

I had drilled and tapped an M4 countersunk set screw into the bushing to stop from rotating, and re-installed the bushing with red loctite thinking I had this thing licked... First drive out, the bushing spun a few degrees. :facepalm:

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 1

My main complaint was the noise due to a lack of grease reaching the rear of the sector shaft nut, so I also threw the bushing into the lathe to create two horizontal grease channels, and so far this has worked great.

I'm surprised how poorly Synergy has been handling this, without a reasonable solution for early adopters, nor a redesign to address the issues. Instead they've raised the price $50, and told each of us to pound sand. As such I am actively telling people to stay away from this, because most people are not willing, nor able, to go to these lengths to make something work. Pretty disappointing Synergy...

Sponsored

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
Was just recommended to install this by my local Jeep shop. Told them I'd look into it and get back to them and holy shit am I glad I decided to do some research. I will definitely NOT be installing this on my Jeep with all the issues everyone seems to be having.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
20200816_184612.jpg
20200816_184548.jpg

This is what mine looked like. Pulled it off yesterday and the bushing has spun and is half way pushed out of the aluminum. I'm not putting it back on. This is not a good design. Disappointing that Synergy is not trying to help out and just tells us to fix it.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Was just recommended to install this by my local Jeep shop. Told them I'd look into it and get back to them and holy shit am I glad I decided to do some research. I will definitely NOT be installing this on my Jeep with all the issues everyone seems to be having.
Oh I see you are from CIncinnati, you probably visited Highlift offroad, right? They are pushing the Synergy sector shaft braces like crazy, I am not sure if this product just has a higher margin or what, but almost every Jeep out of their store has the brace on. To me, it is not worthy it since a lot of customers will be pissed because of creaking while steering.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed mine and it has a set screw and has been red loctited into the brace. It was well greased with Mystik 3% moly grease and after 450 miles, I can report no issues thus far. I will likely try to grease it again soon just to ensure it does not run dry.

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
Oh I see you are from CIncinnati, you probably visited Highlift offroad, right? They are pushing the Synergy sector shaft braces like crazy, I am not sure if this product just has a higher margin or what, but almost every Jeep out of their store has the brace on. To me, it is not worthy it since a lot of customers will be pissed because of creaking while steering.
You would be correct. I'm actually not a huge fan of the shop because I feel like they tend to be more expensive than other places,. However, I'm going to Jeep Invasion in two days and needed a front-end alignment and they could squeeze me in. After they did the alignment the called and tried to sell me the synergy kit plus installation for $350 + tax and I ended up declining. Just out of curiosity I asked them for a quote to install a Metalcloak lift and they wanted almost double what a "Gold Level" installer was asking - and they aren't even an authorized installer!

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
You would be correct. I'm actually not a huge fan of the shop because I feel like they tend to be more expensive than other places,. However, I'm going to Jeep Invasion in two days and needed a front-end alignment and they could squeeze me in. After they did the alignment the called and tried to sell me the synergy kit plus installation for $350 + tax and I ended up declining. Just out of curiosity I asked them for a quote to install a Metalcloak lift and they wanted almost double what a "Gold Level" installer was asking - and they aren't even an authorized installer!
I am actually not surprised by that. I would recommend either 417 or nuthouse for your Jeep needs in the area, both of them are super nice, it is just their locations are not as central as highlift. My personal favorite is nuthouse, the owner is super nice and he is a veteran too.

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
I am actually not surprised by that. I would recommend either 417 or nuthouse for your Jeep needs in the area, both of them are super nice, it is just their locations are not as central as highlift. My personal favorite is nuthouse, the owner is super nice and he is a veteran too.
I might have to reach out to Nuthouse for future needs then. I think I spoke with them once when I was looking at wheels/tires but Hilltop Performance gave me an amazing deal that I couldn't pass up so I ended up going with them. I've actually been talking to Honest Speed Shop up in Columbus who is a Gold Installer for Metalcloak and they quoted me a pretty good price for a Gamechanger kit and installation and said they could do it in a single day so I wouldn't need to make two trips up there.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Haven’t had a problem with mine either.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I have put about 400 miles on it since installation and I can easily say this Synergy part is a total POS. Unless you want to use it as a frame brace, which is what I am about to do, do not waste your time and money.

I had a set screw installed in it to prevent it from turning and although it has not turned yet, it has groaned a couple of times and this is when using Mystik grease with 3% moly. In essence, the grease has no where to go and simply comes out between the bushing and pitman arm nut near the zerk--a seriously piss-poor design.

It will take dozens of lock to lock turns to move the grease around and shortly after that, you need to grease it again in a somewhat never ending cycle.

I plan to take it off in the near future, cut the ears off, have it powder coated black and re-install it as a trackbar brace.
Sponsored