hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had been creaking the pst few days and I just took mine off. What a piece of crap. I was told to press it out and loctite then reseat. I told Dave well the instructions didn’t call for a press and I don’t have one. I may grease by hand and just install it back and see how long it lasts. If not I’m the trash it goes.

B3868458-11A8-4BA7-B50E-58EBE91517A8.jpeg

15BC86D6-640B-44D5-8217-60C4070FAAA1.jpeg
Is the socket used for Pitman nut the right size in diameter to possibly use with a BFH to substitute a press and knock out brass ring? Just thinking out load :)
Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Is the socket used for Pitman nut the right size in diameter to possibly use with a BFH to substitute a press and knock out brass ring? Just thinking out load :)
Not sure I had the lift and brace installed by @Northridge4x4 Kind of annoyed if they didn’t make sure the bearing was lined up before the install. Other than that I’m always happy with them though.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
A 32 mm or 1-1/4 socket. Put the recessed side down and knock it out. It will come out fairly easy. When you knock it back in make sure it’s nice and even, and make sure the brass bushing is flush with the aluminum on the bottom side. ....Easy peasy.......:)

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had been creaking the pst few days and I just took mine off. What a piece of crap. I was told to press it out and loctite then reseat. I told Dave well the instructions didn’t call for a press and I don’t have one. I may grease by hand and just install it back and see how long it lasts. If not I’m the trash it goes.

Looks like it ran dry and rotated?

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Sponsored

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My bronze bushing looked the same. I did press the bushing off and back on easily using my arbor press. My bushing had rotated about 10 degrees. I drilled and taped a set screw opposite of the grease zerk and reset the bushing aligned with the grease passage. I did use locktite green to help with future rotation and a paint pen to mark the alignment of the bushing with the mount. This and the set screw should work and correct the issue.
I like the idea of zerk fittings on opposite sides rather than the set screw. If I see rotation at some point I will substitute a zerk fitting for the set screw.

If you decide to bin the sector support assembly I would gladly pay shipping to send it my way. I think this design is salvageable and worth the effort.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
A 32 mm or 1-1/4 socket. Put the recessed side down and knock it out. It will come out fairly easy. When you knock it back in make sure it’s nice and even, and make sure the brass bushing is flush with the aluminum on the bottom side. ....Easy peasy.......:)
I knew you would have the answer :like: We all agree we shouldn’t have to do this to a manufactured part from a reputable company but it definitely seems to have everyone running away from fixing since not many folks have a “press”.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Mine rotated and doesn't line up now. I do not have a press and I'm kind of disappointed that Synergy is responding to this issue by having us fix it. I can't get my aluminum piece back in without taking everything back off. I think I'm just going to leave mine off. Sucks that I could have saved money by just buying a track bar brace.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I highly recommend against using a grease fitting as a set screw. They are made out of very soft material and won't hold up. Installing a second one 180° out from the original is a good idea, but just for greasing purposes.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I highly recommend against using a grease fitting as a set screw. They are made out of very soft material and won't hold up. Installing a second one 180° out from the original is a good idea, but just for greasing purposes.
Mike - very GOOD point. Now that you mention it Zerks are hollow for a reason :)

Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Yea I think so. I went ahead and greased it by hand and installed back. Not sure if any grease made it from the install or not. Think it’s ok or should I be asking Synergy for a new bushing?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mike - very GOOD point. Now that you mention it Zerks are hollow for a reason :)
The quality ones even have a tiny spring and ball in the tip, to weather and dirt proof against clogging. Would add insult to injury for that spring and ball to get digested into the bushing.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I think so. I went ahead and greased it by hand and installed back. Not sure if any grease made it from the install or not. Think it’s ok or should I be asking Synergy for a new bushing?
It will probably be OK, I did not see any scars or grooves in it. I am not sure what the best grease to use is, but I will be using Mystik synthetic with moly on mine. Make sure you apply it liberally on the pitman arm nut and the bushing. Another member noted that it takes many, many turns to pull the grease from the zerk side to the opposite side. It seriously could use a zerk on either side.

I am not sure that I would call this a good design by Synergy given the various instances of problems posted on this forum alone and their "less than helpful" (read this as bugger off) customer service attitude makes me glad I have only bought two things from them.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

You don't need a press. Get a brass drift and hammer and tap it out. I used a large (like 1 5/16") socket to tap it back in.

gr8ridn01

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with this.
Sponsored