Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
No, I have the Synergy adj. track bar, fox ts stabilizer and now this track bar and sector shaft brace reinforcing kit. Jeep is relatively new only 5500 miles so I don’t think I need to replace the factory tie rod and drag link just yet. Double checked all the nuts n bolts they were all nice and tight. Jeep drives pretty straight most of the time, no death wobble at all but this shimmy started getting really annoying and my ocd isn’t helping at all.
Did you install both the track bar and the brace at the same time? or did you have the track bar installed and then add the brace?

My other recommendations before buying more parts would be checking the toe measurement off of the rotors and re-balancing tires. I had a similar issue but mine was a combination of crap and all items were involved. Cheap things to check before you drop 800$.

Cl2775

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep JLUR, 2015 Jk
Did you install both the track bar and the brace at the same time? or did you have the track bar installed and then add the brace?

My other recommendations before buying more parts would be checking the toe measurement off of the rotors and re-balancing tires. I had a similar issue but mine was a combination of crap and all items were involved. Cheap things to check before you drop 800$.
I had the TB installed first then the brace. Everything were aligned at a local shop about a month ago. toe angle was set to .10 degree on both sides. Tires and wheels were brand new and balanced around that same time as well. I’m gonna crawl underneath one more time and have someone turn the steering wheel to check for abnormal movements around the links before I take it to a 4x4 shop if I can find one near where I live.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I had the TB installed first then the brace. Everything were aligned at a local shop about a month ago. toe angle was set to .10 degree on both sides. Tires and wheels were brand new and balanced around that same time as well. I’m gonna crawl underneath one more time and have someone turn the steering wheel to check for abnormal movements around the links before I take it to a 4x4 shop if I can find one near where I live.
I'll PM you. Maybe nothing or maybe something to look at.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Followed @Roky's lead and had this done to mine before I install it. Long term, it would be nice to find someone to make it from steel. I do wonder how long the aluminum will last.

JpSlUB.jpg

JpS1HP.jpg

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Followed @Roky's lead and had this done to mine before I install it. Long term, it would be nice to find someone to make it from steel. I do wonder how long the aluminum will last.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace JpS1HP

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace JpS1HP
Question for someone smarter/more mechanical than me. Could you get a longer grease fitting that would actually set deeper in stock hole that would essentially do same thing - Hold the brass ring from spinning? Just a thought

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Question for someone smarter/more mechanical than me. Could you get a longer grease fitting that would actually set deeper in stock hole that would essentially do same thing - Hold the brass ring from spinning? Just a thought
Yes; I said the same in an earlier post.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes; I said the same in an earlier post.
Wonder if anyone has tried it. Matter of fact, do what you did and go al the way through and install 2 longer grease fitting.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if anyone has tried it. Matter of fact, do what you did and go al the way through and install 2 longer grease fitting.
I have not mocked it up yet, but if there is clearance and the second zerk was accessible, it would serve two purposes--prevent the bushing from turning and ensure that grease is applied on both sides.

The pitman arm only moves a few degrees per turn so it takes many turns to pull grease from one side to the other.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
After reading through this, I’m just glad that I don’t have to do this.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have not mocked it up yet, but if there is clearance and the second zerk was accessible, it would serve two purposes--prevent the bushing from turning and ensure that grease is applied on both sides.

The pitman arm only moved a few degrees per turn so it takes many turns to pull grease from one side to the other.
Agree with all comments. Have a new one (with the .001” smaller hole recent change) coming once they get in stock in week or so. I may investigate doing this before install.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I too have had trouble with the inner bearing moving. Called Synergy this week and was told to press out, apply red lock tight, and press back in. It this doesn’t work, this piece is going onto the trash can.

JLNYC227

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I have synergy trackbar and brace. Absolutely rides great at highway speeds since install. Under 40mph on local roads here in nyc and it still is all over the road.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have synergy trackbar and brace. Absolutely rides great at highway speeds since install. Under 40mph on local roads here in nyc and it still is all over the road.
IMO that sounds like Toe setting

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Mine had been creaking the pst few days and I just took mine off. What a piece of crap. I was told to press it out and loctite then reseat. I told Dave well the instructions didn’t call for a press and I don’t have one. I may grease by hand and just install it back and see how long it lasts. If not I’m the trash it goes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace B3868458-11A8-4BA7-B50E-58EBE91517A8

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 15BC86D6-640B-44D5-8217-60C4070FAAA1
Sponsored