Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys.... I did this a couple of weeks ago on my buddies rig. But I didn’t want to post about it until I knew it was gonna work.

His bushing had rotated. So he was game to try this out. We drilled and tapped a hole through the back side of the brace. Careful not to penetrate the bushing, if you do by accident just go all the way through, it’s better than leaving a dimple on the inside. I put tape on the bit and the tap so I would go just 1/16 or so into the bushing.

78EE7D2E-13E1-436D-9FCA-1B489695FBCC.jpeg

97A2142E-C05B-444A-9198-EC90CFF39B93.jpeg

I used M4-8 set screw, it takes a 1/8 drill bit and a #2 Allen wrench. You can use any size you want. this is just what I had in my junk drawer.

7E967F37-B274-40E0-BA91-7F9B41AD5CB3.jpeg

38FFE8C0-FB5E-47E1-8257-3BB6F5C0BCEB.jpeg

You can see that the hole is still in line with the fitting. This is at about 500 miles.

5DCADE3F-99B1-4490-BDE5-D33E91E8AA4F.jpeg

Anyway........ the whole job took 15 minutes, and you can get everything at your local parts house, or Ace Hardware. And as you can see, no fancy tools.

Even though I’m not having any problems with mine, I’ll be doing this to my rig this weekend.

I know some of you guys are fed up, and are done with it, and that’s cool , I get it, but it’s just in my wiring to fix shit.......:).

For the ones that want to keep it, hopefully this helps..........:)
Good idea man, if mine moves again, doing the same
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So they no longer make the full brace? Is there a link to that?
Didn't say they no longer make the reinforcement with brace, just that they also offer the reinforcement without the brace.

We'll have to wait and see if these issues are widespread enough to cause a revision to their design, or if they'll just scrap it.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Didn't say they no longer make the reinforcement with brace, just that they also offer the reinforcement without the brace.

We'll have to wait and see if these issues are widespread enough to cause a revision to their design, or if they'll just scrap it.
Where did you find the reinforcement without the brace?

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
For what it’s worth, the part number 8069-01 is the JK part number on synergy’s website. I’ve never seen a JL option without the brace. I could be wrong.
I added my Jeep (2019 JLUR) to do the part selection so if that is a JK part, 4WP's website sucks (among other things that I have read about them).

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
Like many of the comments above I have experienced several times when it starts creaking and I have taken it off and add grease. The bushing spun so I had to drill a new hole for grease. That little hex head bolt on the back has been a PITA, I finally replaced it with a grade 8 bolt so I could tighten it down properly.

I like the way it makes the steering feel but I hate the fact it’s such a pain to maintain. I can’t for the life of me understand why they didn’t cut a small grease channel around the inside of the bushing so grease could get to the backside of the brace.

Holding off buying another one for my other Jeep. Hopefully someone will come up with an improved version.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Like many of the comments above I have experienced several times when it starts creaking and I have taken it off and add grease. The bushing spun so I had to drill a new hole for grease. That little hex head bolt on the back has been a PITA, I finally replaced it with a grade 8 bolt so I could tighten it down properly.

I like the way it makes the steering feel but I hate the fact it’s such a pain to maintain. I can’t for the life of me understand why they didn’t cut a small grease channel around the inside of the bushing so grease could get to the backside of the brace.

Holding off buying another one for my other Jeep. Hopefully someone will come up with an improved version.
Perhaps drill another hole for a zerk and passage through the bushing on the back side would work to get some grease over on that side.

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Many will be waiting for updates to this to see how it goes. If successful, perhaps even Synergy will take notice and update to part itself. cc: @AllJumpStyle
Appreciate the tag, however I am no longer with Synergy. If anyone has any problems with Synergy products, it is always best to contact them directly.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had mine on for about 6 months and have been greasing it a couple times a month and haven’t had any noise issues.

After reading this thread I decided to inspect it closely on Saturday. I greased it paying attention to see where the grease came out. My bushing must have been lined up proprerly with the zerk fitting as grease squirted out in the correct place. I then had my wife move the steering lock to lock a few times while I greased and it appeared to be working fine.

Fingers crossed that mine holds up. Not that it matters too much, but I’m using Lucas Oil Red-N-Tacky #2.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity (and because I have one to install soon); could you not simply install a second grease zerk 180° from the original to ensure that you are getting enough grease on both sides or is there not enough space to add one?

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
the problem i see with us adding more holes to the brace is at what point do we weaken it... So i think if this happens again i will give it one more attempt by seeing if i can get the zerk fitting to slightly countersink into grease hole thus hoping it will hold bearing in place.... We will see if i feel like doing that as this has been on of the most time consuming mods i have done...

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I added my Jeep (2019 JLUR) to do the part selection so if that is a JK part, 4WP's website sucks (among other things that I have read about them).
Right after posting about them carrying that reinforcement with the brace, I noticed some JK parts mixed in, and I did the same 2019 JLUR search.

I used 4wp once because northridge, my main go-to, wasn't listing the rear Synergy track bar on their site. It took forever to get that bar delivered, and this was late last year before the craze.

I've since learned that Northridge can sometimes be slow to add a new product to their site, but their chat people are awesome and fast responding.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys.... I did this a couple of weeks ago on my buddies rig. But I didn’t want to post about it until I knew it was gonna work.

His bushing had rotated. So he was game to try this out. We drilled and tapped a hole through the back side of the brace. Careful not to penetrate the bushing, if you do by accident just go all the way through, it’s better than leaving a dimple on the inside. I put tape on the bit and the tap so I would go just 1/16 or so into the bushing.

78EE7D2E-13E1-436D-9FCA-1B489695FBCC.jpeg

97A2142E-C05B-444A-9198-EC90CFF39B93.jpeg

I used M4-8 set screw, it takes a 1/8 drill bit and a #2 Allen wrench. You can use any size you want. this is just what I had in my junk drawer.

7E967F37-B274-40E0-BA91-7F9B41AD5CB3.jpeg

38FFE8C0-FB5E-47E1-8257-3BB6F5C0BCEB.jpeg

You can see that the hole is still in line with the fitting. This is at about 500 miles.

5DCADE3F-99B1-4490-BDE5-D33E91E8AA4F.jpeg

Anyway........ the whole job took 15 minutes, and you can get everything at your local parts house, or Ace Hardware. And as you can see, no fancy tools.

Even though I’m not having any problems with mine, I’ll be doing this to my rig this weekend.

I know some of you guys are fed up, and are done with it, and that’s cool , I get it, but it’s just in my wiring to fix shit.......:).

For the ones that want to keep it, hopefully this helps..........:)
Thanks for this @Roky, I did this to mine tonight.

I've had the brace installed for about 3k miles and had been trouble free up until yesterday. When my son pulled into the driveway, I could hear a creaking sound with every turn of the steering wheel.

I pulled it off and found the bushing had rotated.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace IMG_0342

I knocked the bushing out with a brass drift, drilled and tapped a hole, and put it all back together with a set screw this time.

Took a little bit longer than 15 minutes as I had to remove and re-insert the bushing, but it made it easier to drill and tap the set screw hole.

Hopefully this will keep the bushing from rotating.
Sponsored