Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man. It’s driving me crazy. Just having a brand new vehicle and and it creams every bump. And it was a top price track bar, if not the most expensive. I really don’t like it. Kind of curious if Poly Performance will exchange since fit is not good.
I posted about trackbars a few weeks ago. Never heard anything negative about Synergy. I purchased their rear trackbar and it was such an improvement that I purchased their front as well.

I'd hate to have to grind some clearance but will if it annoys me enough.

ALL of the shock I felt through the steering front/rear skipping is attenuated though. I'm very happy, however it's good to see that Synergy tells you to pound sand if you have an issue. I was going to purchase their entire lift kit and line... now I'm gravitating towards Rock Krawler. I'm glad I didn't buy their stupid steering box brace, which basically does what an aftermarket track bar accomplishes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
to bad no one has them available.
Ive had the sector shaft brace on backorder. They think...maybe in June. Pairing it up with the Yeti track bar and Falcon 2.2 installed last week.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
to bad no one has them available.
Ive had the sector shaft brace on backorder. They think...maybe in June. Pairing it up with the Yeti track bar and Falcon 2.2 installed last week.
Don't waste your time. The weak factory trackbar is 90% of the issue. The brace is just for effect.

If I ever go to 40'' tires, I'll investigate the brace.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I posted about trackbars a few weeks ago. Never heard anything negative about Synergy. I purchased their rear trackbar and it was such an improvement that I purchased their front as well.

I'd hate to have to grind some clearance but will if it annoys me enough.

ALL of the shock I felt through the steering front/rear skipping is attenuated though. I'm very happy, however it's good to see that Synergy tells you to pound sand if you have an issue. I was going to purchase their entire lift kit and line... now I'm gravitating towards Rock Krawler. I'm glad I didn't buy their stupid steering box brace, which basically does what an aftermarket track bar accomplishes.
I have mixed feelings today’s. I feel like I did my research and felt pretty good about my synergy stuff. Been slowly adding more and more. Just did the track bar last to match everything else. I apparently should have waited for more reviews since it was just released not long ago. This frustrates me though. I shouldn’t have to grind the axle mount for this. It’s a silly problem.

To add to my frustration today, I seriously can’t get my pinch bolt on the drag link tight enough to keep it from moving. Torque spec is 90# and I’ve torqued all the way to 125# and it’s still moving with enough pressure.

I feel better with my track bar brace and my 37s. However, I might take the sector shaft brace off. I have greased the crap out of it and it still sounds horrible.

ugh. One of those days.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have mixed feelings today’s. I feel like I did my research and felt pretty good about my synergy stuff. Been slowly adding more and more. Just did the track bar last to match everything else. I apparently should have waited for more reviews since it was just released not long ago. This frustrates me though. I shouldn’t have to grind the axle mount for this. It’s a silly problem.

To add to my frustration today, I seriously can’t get my pinch bolt on the drag link tight enough to keep it from moving. Torque spec is 90# and I’ve torqued all the way to 125# and it’s still moving with enough pressure.

I feel better with my track bar brace and my 37s. However, I might take the sector shaft brace off. I have greased the crap out of it and it still sounds horrible.

ugh. One of those days.
I'm not grinding the mount.. I'm grinding their trackbar lol

i totally understand and thank you for airing this out on the forum. i'm def apprehensive now about installing any more Synergy products on my jeep.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not grinding the mount.. I'm grinding their trackbar lol

i totally understand and thank you for airing this out on the forum. i'm def apprehensive now about installing any more Synergy products on my jeep.
Haha. Grinding the track bar makes more sense.

At the moment I’m gonna see if I can exchange for something else. If you sell a product that has known fitment issues, I think a refund would be appropriate. We’ll see. I emailed one of their sales reps. I hope they make it right.

Is this not an issue for everyone?

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please respond here with Synergy's response...but yes.. always modify the part, not the bracket. You can always go 'back' to stock. That's why I never sell my stock parts. Perhaps an aftermarket bushing fails.. always keep your stock parts. The aftermarket doesn't have to meet the same standards and failures are deadly.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please respond here with Synergy's response...but yes.. always modify the part, not the bracket. You can always go 'back' to stock. That's why I never sell my stock parts. Perhaps an aftermarket bushing fails.. always keep your stock parts. The aftermarket doesn't have to meet the same standards and failures are deadly.
I always keep my stock parts.... except my track bar. The OE one was such junk I’d never put that back on. I should have kept the rancho one I had but a friend needed it.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed the Track Bar/Sector Shaft Brace on monday. Everything was pretty straight forward but I noticed a huge gap between the pitman arm collar and the brace. On one side the hex nut is snug against the brace, on the other side, the flat-head screw is nowhere near flush with the side. Perhaps we got a bad batch of pitman arm collars?

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg
Since I am about to install, this post had me worried, so I inspected my sector shaft brace. I am speculating here, but I wonder if your issue resulted from how and the order you tightened your various bolts. Did you follow the right order of tightening listed in the Synergy directions? Did you leave everything loose when you first installed the hex and Allen bolts for the pitman arm collar? Or did you first tighten the hex bolt all the way before you tightened the beveled Allen bolt?

Here’s why I think this may be the cause for your uneven gaps. I played with the bolts and tightening and took the following pix below.

The first pic is showing the order of tightening using the instructions. Of note, I did not tighten the hex bolt or Allen bolt all the way bit kept them both loose and relatively even Per instructions. Note the even gap on both sides, which is enough to accommodate the width of the metal for the stock track bar brace.

Second pic shows an uneven gap, caused by first tightening up the hex bolt all the way, which causes the larger, uneven gap on the side of the Allen bolt. As you try to center the pitman arm collar as would happen when you tighten the Allen head bolt, it causes an uneven gap that looks a lot like your pix above (this may be had to see in my pix, but when I looked closely, the gap on the Allen bolt side was uneven with the Synergy brace - almost at an angle.

if you kept both bolts loose per the instructions, and tightened in the order of the instructions, I don’t see that you’d have this uneven gap. Try loosening up both bolts, then centering the pitman arm collar by alternating the tightening of both bolts to avoid a gap. Let me know if that fixes the gap.

just my observation from playing around, so your results could be different. I’ll know more when I get mine installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 137FDDA3-B875-46DA-BECC-C37EF510D0E7

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace C98C015E-7D78-4DF3-8E80-FBF690D4775E

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Since I am about to install, this post had me worried, so I inspected my sector shaft brace. I am speculating here, but I wonder if your issue resulted from how and the order you tightened your various bolts. Did you follow the right order of tightening listed in the Synergy directions? Did you leave everything loose when you first installed the hex and Allen bolts for the pitman arm collar? Or did you first tighten the hex bolt all the way before you tightened the beveled Allen bolt?

Here’s why I think this may be the cause for your uneven gaps. I played with the bolts and tightening and took the following pix below.

The first pic is showing the order of tightening using the instructions. Of note, I did not tighten the hex bolt or Allen bolt all the way bit kept them both loose and relatively even Per instructions. Note the even gap on both sides, which is enough to accommodate the width of the metal for the stock track bar brace.

Second pic shows an uneven gap, caused by first tightening up the hex bolt all the way, which causes the larger, uneven gap on the side of the Allen bolt. As you try to center the pitman arm collar as would happen when you tighten the Allen head bolt, it causes an uneven gap that looks a lot like your pix above (this may be had to see in my pix, but when I looked closely, the gap on the Allen bolt side was uneven with the Synergy brace - almost at an angle.

if you kept both bolts loose per the instructions, and tightened in the order of the instructions, I don’t see that you’d have this uneven gap. Try loosening up both bolts, then centering the pitman arm collar by alternating the tightening of both bolts to avoid a gap. Let me know if that fixes the gap.

just my observation from playing around, so your results could be different. I’ll know more when I get mine installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace C98C015E-7D78-4DF3-8E80-FBF690D4775E

Before you install yours, look to be sure that the hole in the brass bushing is in line with the grease fitting. Also, it’s not in the instructions, but you should grease bushing real good with finger before installing. It takes a lot of cycling of the steering lock to lock to get grease all the way around bushing, and this will help it not to stick before it does.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I did the synergy track bar in the rear for the front I went with the steer smart yeti. I didn’t want any jam nuts ! I did originally order the TeraFlex front but it had knocking issues. So narrowed it down to the yeti and I’m super happy with it. extra beefy even quiet like stock.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
Tolerances on the axle side joint for the front track bar are tight. Two synergy sticker easily fit, three do not. No noise here though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace A7A6DD8C-5AA0-4261-81C4-7AEB0D3213C2

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately Synergy's reponse to me @4xFUN @Moto_21 are all to pound sand. I guess they are busy paying Youtubers, so they don't care regular customers anymore.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tolerances on the axle side joint for the front track bar are tight. Two synergy sticker easily fit, three do not. No noise here though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace A7A6DD8C-5AA0-4261-81C4-7AEB0D3213C2
Is that from the top looking down? Mine is super tight on the spring perch side. And my sway bar bolt is jammed into the end.