Sponsored

Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
what is a good grease for this or other joints? The stuff I'm using is runnier looking that the pic above.
I probably should have waited for synergy grease, or redline cv-2. But my parts arrived, I had a free weekend, and Amazon could get Green Grease to my door the next day. So I am using it. I ran some around the inside of the brass bushing with my finger before installing, then hit it with the grease gun after the install. So far no noise.

My sector shaft brace fit perfectly, in the opening on the main track bar brace. So some of these are fitting well. It is a bummer to hear that is not the case for everyone.
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I probably should have waited for synergy grease, or redline cv-2. But my parts arrived, I had a free weekend, and Amazon could get Green Grease to my door the next day. So I am using it. I ran some around the inside of the brass bushing with my finger before installing, then hit it with the grease gun after the install. So far no noise.

My sector shaft brace fit perfectly, in the opening on the main track bar brace. So some of these are fitting well. It is a bummer to hear that is not the case for everyone.
So the irony of ready this today is that I jumped in the Jeep over lunch and mine is super loud. Probably been on 2000 miles so need to keep that in mind. But it’s been raining a ton and I’m sure that doesn’t help.

I ordered the synergy grease and don’t love it. Ordered that thinking it’s what’s already in my tie rod ends so wanted to stay with the same. Maybe it’s good grease though. I guess I’ll use that until I run out. I just don’t know anything about grease. But this looks “dirty” compared to others I’ve seen.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So the irony of ready this today is that I jumped in the Jeep over lunch and mine is super loud. Probably been on 2000 miles so need to keep that in mind. But it’s been raining a ton and I’m sure that doesn’t help.

I ordered the synergy grease and don’t love it. Ordered that thinking it’s what’s already in my tie rod ends so wanted to stay with the same. Maybe it’s good grease though. I guess I’ll use that until I run out. I just don’t know anything about grease. But this looks “dirty” compared to others I’ve seen.
It's not dirt, it's just the additives in it, that make it that baby-shit mixed with tar brown/grey color. But agree when I first opened it I was like "WTF is this?" but it works well.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase

I have all of 20-30 miles on mine. So I can't make any bold claims about success.

The one aspect I did like about green grease was it supposed water resistance (marine use). That seemed like a good thing on parts that could be submersed during a water crossing.

One thing I do like about this brace is the whole sector shaft component could be removed fairly easily if necessary. If it were making noise I consider just removing it, greasing the copper manually, then reinstalling it, topping off the grease via the zerk fitting. That would seem faster than hitting the fitting up with grease and then cranking the steering wheel back and forth 50 times to get the grease spread out.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not dirt, it's just the additives in it, that make it that baby-shit mixed with tar brown/grey color. But agree when I first opened it I was like "WTF is this?" but it works well.
haha. Literally my exact reaction.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I do like about this brace is the whole sector shaft component could be removed fairly easily if necessary. If it were making noise I consider just removing it, greasing the copper manually, then reinstalling it, topping off the grease via the zerk fitting. That would seem faster than hitting the fitting up with grease and then cranking the steering wheel back and forth 50 times to get the grease spread out.
You're right, that might be way faster. Last night I tried just shooting some grease, turning side to side and hitting again. definitely didn't fully resolve. I hate the fitting on my grease gun so I'm going to try with a quick release one and see if I can do a half squirt at full lock left and half at full lock right and then turn side to side. Its definitely a pain though. Some of that is user error i'm sure.

Mine has seriously been silet until about tuesday. I either didn't realize what it was unit I read the recent posts or it got really loud yesterday. I could see that being a turnoff if it did it from install.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you guys help me with something? My synergy track bar is running the frame and squeaking a lot. Originally someone said you can loosen the set screw on the axle side and increase the distance to the frame mount. It will not budge. The whole bushing moves. Plus the alignment looks off. Do I have the orientation of the frame side correct? Anyone else have this issue? My rancho bar never touched. I sold it or I would reinstall it. I asked synergy and they said tolerances are tight and basically to get my caster correct, which it is. Any thoughts?

167E8865-C5AD-409E-8841-4F8FCAA90EC5.jpeg

EB0CDBCE-D477-4B0C-9A55-3C8CBAE3647E.jpeg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Can you guys help me with something? My synergy track bar is running the frame and squeaking a lot. Originally someone said you can loosen the set screw on the axle side and increase the distance to the frame mount. It will not budge. The whole bushing moves. Plus the alignment looks off. Do I have the orientation of the frame side correct? Anyone else have this issue? My rancho bar never touched. I sold it or I would reinstall it. I asked synergy and they said tolerances are tight and basically to get my caster correct, which it is. Any thoughts?

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace EB0CDBCE-D477-4B0C-9A55-3C8CBAE3647E
I'm the one who said to loosen and slide. But in that picture of yours it looks like the bushing is cocked sideways and likely that is what's preventing it from sliding forward.

Do you have adjustable lower arms? Looks like factory springs so not lifted?

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm the one who said to loosen and slide. But in that picture of yours it looks like the bushing is cocked sideways and likely that is what's preventing it from sliding forward.

Do you have adjustable lower arms? Looks like factory springs so not lifted?
I do have adjustable lower arms. Current caster is 6 degrees and even on both sides. Mopar 2” springs. Other than steering components, everything else is stock.

I tried to move it on the bushing with a pry bar but nothing. I question how it sits cockeyed in the mount. It’s always been like that. I think it’s also touching the sway bar bolt up top.

67279C6B-408A-47B1-9FA2-5452AA1F16BB.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

167E8865-C5AD-409E-8841-4F8FCAA90EC5.jpeg

EB0CDBCE-D477-4B0C-9A55-3C8CBAE3647E.jpeg
I do like synergy , and I think they’re a great company, but their track bar is the one thing I don’t like. It’s just my personal opinion. Some people never have any trouble, but I know to many that do. Get yourself an RK track bar.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do like synergy , and I think they’re a great company, but their track bar is the one thing I don’t like.
I’m not happy with it. I had a rancho in there and literally just sold it. I’m regretting that now. What are you running now?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not happy with it. I had a rancho in there and literally just sold it. I’m regretting that now. What are you running now?
RK , it’s pretty much bomb proof, but some people have trouble with jam nuts, but the way I torque them and goop them , I’ve.never had one loosen on me in 30 plus years of wheeling .

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RK , it’s pretty much bomb proof, but some people have trouble with jam nuts, but the way I torque them and goop them , I’ve.never had one loosen on me in 30 plus years of wheeling .
I’ll look at them again. Originally I wasn’t a fan of the frame side joint because I was afraid it would get noisy. You see where that got me though. Haha

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does this too. A little sqeeky sqeeky but nothing I'm really worried about.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine does this too. A little sqeeky sqeeky but nothing I'm really worried about.
Oh man. It’s driving me crazy. Just having a brand new vehicle and and it creams every bump. And it was a top price track bar, if not the most expensive. I really don’t like it. Kind of curious if Poly Performance will exchange since fit is not good.
Sponsored