Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had just greased it. It pushes out around the bearing too. Ive just been keeping her well lubed. No noises or scraping metal on metal or anything. It does go thru grease tho. Is that what is happening? Metal on metal? Grease still gets by the brass, you can see it squited out around the edge. Is the brass spinning and not allowing the grease in?
Yeah.. the brass bushing is spinning and the hole in the bushing misaligns with the zerk. Then when you grease it the grease comes out between the bushing and the brace instead of between the bushing and the pitman sleeve nut. If your not really looking for it , you won’t even notice it. You see grease coming out and you think it’s good to go. Then it starts creaking when you turn the wheels
Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. the brass bushing is spinning and the hole in the bushing misaligns with the zerk. Then when you grease it the grease comes out between the bushing and the brace instead of between the bushing and the pitman sleeve nut. If your not really looking for it , you won’t even notice it. You see grease coming out and you think it’s good to go. Then it starts creaking when you turn the wheels
ah, ok, i checked and the grease is coming out between the brass and the pitman arm thingie, at the correct location. i do grease it religiously, wonder if there was galling due to lack of grease?

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I would say based on the amount of grease around the zerk your brass bearing may have spun. I looks as though grease is pushing out around zerk.
is this where the grease should come out?

Attachments

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
ah, ok, i checked and the grease is coming out between the brass and the pitman arm thingie, at the correct location. i do grease it religiously, wonder if there was galling due to lack of grease?
There wasn’t any damage on mine , the sector shaft only spins about a half inch in either direction, so it takes several turns lock to lock to get the grease all the way around the bushing.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
is this where the grease should come out?
Clean it up and grease it while you watch . The grease should come out where the black arrow is pointing, if grease comes out where the red arrow is pointing then the bushing has spun....

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace E1E19BCB-C1BB-4A52-8788-620B44A9742F

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
sweet im good then, ok ill just keep greasing the crap out of it and hope the brass doesn't spin.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
you read my mind, lol im thinkin, it just needs a set pin or something and wallah! nice fix, i can see doing that

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I wonder if people understand that a sector shaft brace wasn't developed to cure the famous JL steering issues. They were designed to reduce deflection of the sector shaft under increased torque load from installing ginormous ties on a vehicle that really wasnt engineered for it, regardless of what the box is made out of. Thats why there are sector shaft braces for JKs and TJs, both of which did not have aluminum steering boxes.
And even at that it's a Band-Aid. Hydro assist the right way to take virtually all (significant) load off the sector shaft

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
they offer a steel box now that’s much beefier.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Just got a Synergy brace in that I ordered on 8/10. Seems they took some time to come up with a fix because now it has two setscrews that both intrude into the bearing area in order to lock it in place. Can't imagine it will spin now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace sbrace

Canuck2018

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WranglerJL Rubicon Unlimited
Hi All ,

Seeing the fix by Synergy on the last post is awesome , Very much looking forward to installing mine .

I am however incredibly disappointed by Synergy as I ordered my Steering Brace Bracket on April 21th . I know it was during COVID times and that I am located in Canada but still , followed up with my Vendor (they now have 50 on back order since I placed my order) and I have been told the problem lies on Synergy falling behind in production ... In my business , when I have an increased demand , we add a shift , get production process increased .

After seeing its back ordered everywhere , waiting over 6 months is extremely disappointing.

For the record , I did write to Synergy directly over a month ago about my situation and was told a large order was being shipped to my vendor ... It never left as far as Vendor can verify .

So if you ordered one , cross your fingers

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
personally i think Synergy should make the modified part available to everyone that ordered one in the past. If not free, at a reduced price being that we most likely will have to pay to get it installed.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
personally i think Synergy should make the modified part available to everyone that ordered one in the past. If not free, at a reduced price being that we most likely will have to pay to get it installed.
I think it is free if you contact them. Not positive though.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
just a bit of a word of caution to everyone hoping the other gear box solves all your issues, its very similar to the JK gearbox, of which we have gone thru four of them. Good Luck.
Sponsored