Sponsored

Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I installed the brace a week and about a 100 miles ago and it started to make noise as I turned the wheel. Regreased and will report back.
when you added more grease did you see any coming out between the bearing and the pitman nut? if not i bet the grease hole is not aligned
Sponsored

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
Green loctite would be a good way to stop the sleeve from rotating. Once it's been pressed out that is.......

JLNYC227

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
when you added more grease did you see any coming out between the bearing and the pitman nut? if not i bet the grease hole is not aligned
I didnt't! Is there a way to align the grease hole without a lot of disassembly?

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I didnt't! Is there a way to align the grease hole without a lot of disassembly?
Well technically all you need to do is remove the sector brace so the hex bolt front and allen screw back... As stated by others ( i tend to agree ) they are not attempting to press out the bearing but drill a new hole where the zerk threads are located.. Just make sure there are no burrs on the bearing side when complete... Now i pressed mine out and put back in correct orientation but i did think of just drilling it out... As stated previously if this bearing moves again it will come out for good and i will have an overpriced track bar brace...

Sponsored

JLNYC227

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Well technically all you need to do is remove the sector brace so the hex bolt front and allen screw back... As stated by others ( i tend to agree ) they are not attempting to press out the bearing but drill a new hole where the zerk threads are located.. Just make sure there are no burrs on the bearing side when complete... Now i pressed mine out and put back in correct orientation but i did think of just drilling it out... As stated previously if this bearing moves again it will come out for good and i will have an overpriced track bar brace...
Thank you for explaining. I totally agree.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Likely, but at the same time if the bushing is rotating inside, it should probably be pinned in place or use a longer threaded zerk to help stabilize it. The fact that Synergy is telling people who have a misaligned bushing to press it out, align, and reinsert is an issue. Typically, the average person would not have the tools/equipment to press a bushing and that they can means it has a very minimal press fit, which is another issue.
Unfortunately, as much as a company test beds their new products before release, their early customers results and feedback are what ultimately lead to revisions to the design or complete scraping of the idea. The fact that they now have a straight reinforcement leads me to believe their moving away from the brace end.

Also, it should still be said that they are a great company that puts out awesome and high quality parts. I give them a standing applause for having the balls to step out of the box and go above the norm to try something new. Sometimes it pans out a success, and other times a black eye. Tis life.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys.... I did this a couple of weeks ago on my buddies rig. But I didn’t want to post about it until I knew it was gonna work.

His bushing had rotated. So he was game to try this out. We drilled and tapped a hole through the back side of the brace. Careful not to penetrate the bushing, if you do by accident just go all the way through, it’s better than leaving a dimple on the inside. I put tape on the bit and the tap so I would go just 1/16 or so into the bushing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 78EE7D2E-13E1-436D-9FCA-1B489695FBCC

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 97A2142E-C05B-444A-9198-EC90CFF39B93

I used M4-8 set screw, it takes a 1/8 drill bit and a #2 Allen wrench. You can use any size you want. this is just what I had in my junk drawer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 7E967F37-B274-40E0-BA91-7F9B41AD5CB3

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 38FFE8C0-FB5E-47E1-8257-3BB6F5C0BCEB

You can see that the hole is still in line with the fitting. This is at about 500 miles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 5DCADE3F-99B1-4490-BDE5-D33E91E8AA4F

Anyway........ the whole job took 15 minutes, and you can get everything at your local parts house, or Ace Hardware. And as you can see, no fancy tools.

Even though I’m not having any problems with mine, I’ll be doing this to my rig this weekend.

I know some of you guys are fed up, and are done with it, and that’s cool , I get it, but it’s just in my wiring to fix shit.......:).

For the ones that want to keep it, hopefully this helps..........:)

Last edited:

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ok guys.... I did this a couple of weeks ago on my buddies rig. But I didn’t want to post about it until I knew it was gonna work.

His bushing had rotated. So he was game to try this out. We drilled and tapped a hole through the back side of the brace. Careful not to penetrate the bushing, if you do by accident just go all the way through, it’s better than leaving a dimple on the inside. I put tape on the bit and the tap so I would go just 1/16 or so into the bushing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy Jeep JL / JLU / JT Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace 5DCADE3F-99B1-4490-BDE5-D33E91E8AA4F

I used M4-8 set screw, it takes a 1/8 drill bit and a #2 Allen wrench. You can use any size you want. this is just what I had in my junk drawer.

You can see that the hole is still in line with the fitting. This is at about 500 miles.

Anyway........ the whole job took 15 minutes, and you can get everything at your local parts house, or Ace Hardware. And as you can see, no fancy tools.

Even though I’m not having any problems with mine, I’ll be doing this to my rig this weekend.

I know some of you guys are fed up, and are done with it, and that’s cool , I get it, but I’m a fix it if it’s broken kinda guy. So hopefully this will help some of you out.............:)
Yeah I thought about this too and honestly this is exactly what should have been in place from the start... Let us know how this goes as i figure i have a few weeks (more i hope) before i have to do either this or trash...

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8

I know some of you guys are fed up, and are done with it, and that’s cool , I get it, but it’s just in my wiring to fix shit.......:).

Many will be waiting for updates to this to see how it goes. If successful, perhaps even Synergy will take notice and update to part itself. cc: @AllJumpStyle

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I thought about this too and honestly this is exactly what should have been in place from the start... Let us know how this goes as i figure i have a few weeks (more i hope) before i have to do either this or trash...
Copy that

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that they now have a straight reinforcement leads me to believe their moving away from the brace end.
So they no longer make the full brace? Is there a link to that?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

@Roky - what do you charge for outsourcing your services?