Switching sport fenders to Rubi LED fenders

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I am taking off my sport fenders and replacing them with Rubi fenders with LEDs in them . The person who took off the Rubi ones cut the wiring harness. The wires look different to me. But, my question is are the connectors the same? I have a Taser to turn on the LED lights, so I do not think that will be an issue.

I need to buy a new wiring harness, I need to know if there is a difference. IF so, do you know the correct part to get?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they are different.

The LEDs have different connectors, and are plugged to a different wiring harness that runs the length of the fender, from the light for about 20 inches to another connector at the back of the fender. That second connector at the back of the fender is the same for LEDs and non-LEDs.

So, depending where the wires were cut, and provided he didn’t cut the LED light connectors; if you can find the wiring harness that runs through the fender made for LEDs, you should be good to go.

Good luck.

OP
OP
coachgrinnan

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Yes, they are different.

The LEDs have different connectors, and are plugged to a different wiring harness that runs the length of the fender, from the light for about 20 inches to another connector at the back of the fender. That second connector at the back of the fender is the same for LEDs and non-LEDs.

So, depending where the wires were cut, and provided he didn’t cut the LED light connectors; if you can find the wiring harness that runs through the fender made for LEDs, you should be good to go.

Good luck.

They cut the wires mid way. All the wires coming out of the light ate intact and bundles from th factory still. So if I have my non LED 2nd connector (the back one) I could just cut mine off and splice the wires to the lights? I would need to find a pic to see which wires go where

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that should work in theory. But you never know with FCA...

Good luck.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So you need Part No. 1 on this diagram.
Jeep Wrangler JL Switching sport fenders to Rubi LED fenders 1616511381994

In case it helps searching, the Mopar Part No. for the DRLs is 55112885AF.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Yes you can splice them together but your Sport harness has four wires and the LED harness has five, so you will be short one wire. The missing wire is for the DRL.
Gregj

OP
OP
coachgrinnan

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Yes you can splice them together but your Sport harness has four wires and the LED harness has five, so you will be short one wire. The missing wire is for the DRL.
Gregj
Do you know which wire goes to which...they're all different colors. I am fine missing DRL, my TAZER has them running from my fogs anyway

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know which wire goes to which...they're all different colors. I am fine missing DRL, my TAZER has them running from my fogs anyway
The colors are the same across the models, it’s just the Sport is missing a wire. The pin locations are the same. The wire diagrams are at the top of this forum. I hooked up the LED’s to my Sport and the lights worked before I changed the settings, the white DRL section will illuminate at a lower level as the running lights when the lights are on.

Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@coachgrinnan
Here is a picture of the LED’s plug, this should help figure out where the wires go.
Gregj
496E2126-A0C2-40A0-9CB2-416D368A9CC2.jpeg
Sponsored