First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Keep the G8 - especially if it's a stick. You won't get much for it with those miles but a RWD sedan with a V8 are rare and will only become more so after the death of the Chevy SS.

I sold my Miata and bought my JLU the next day and haven't regretted it one bit. I rarely drove the Miata once my kid was born (I take her to/from daycare every day) and I needed to move on. The Jeep is just as fun, IMO, if not more because everyone can ride with me now. Just need to get a soft top for it for the coming spring/summer and it'll be perfect.
Sponsored

GNXtoWS6

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I own a Trackhawk and a new Rubicon (first time owner). I have to say that the Rubicon is fun to drive and the V6 never makes me feel like I an under powered. I think the fun factor of the Wrangler will make up for the lost ability to race.

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
Keep the G8 for now and if you find yourself never driving it after 6 to 9 months get rid of it. I love my Rubicon but some days there is nothing like the rumble of 6.2L of naturally aspirated V8. I don't think I will sell this one until I cannot get my old body out of it!

Corvette.JPG

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I've had Wranglers for 17 years now (holy crap I'm old). In that time, I've also owned a Dodge Charger Daytona (2006) in Go ManGo! The car was comfortable, and scary fast for a near 5k lb car. I loved that car, but I didn't love scraping the chin spoiler on the many inclined driveways, hitting the pot holes, and watching it sit under a snow pile while I made payments and drove my dumb, smelly, 98TJ sport that was built like a tank. If I lived in a climate for cars, I'd get another Charger in an instant; but I can't drive cars. I've been in trucks and 4wd's too long. I absolutely love my Jeep. Plowing through a 3 ft snow drift after a long night shift and not having to shovel is worth it.

HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Recon, Cherokee, V-Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking to do the same thing. I have a heavily modified 335. Love it but want something to fit the whole family etc. I still have my bike so if I want some go fast I can. Looking forward to ordering a Rubicon in the next few weeks.

FF744F0D-0A8F-48FE-A8DB-C9F1FBF49640.jpeg

DaveN007

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
No “ragrets”. But I keep a few thousand horsepower just in case.

7AB42C84-50DB-4738-B8EB-7704B9CFC9AB.jpeg

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
In the past even with the fast cars, I always had 4X4 around, thaty being a Toyota landcruiser, I had owned for 21 years, during that time I have also had a VW R32, Subaru STI, Nissan GTR and a BMW M3. Today all we have is my wifes Alltrack and my JLUR, no regrets, love the Jeep

_7310589.JPG
5-15-11smallsideBlaBLsm.JPG
Firstshotsm_zps5ebb4cb4.JPG
M3%20snake%201sm_zpslkg9mvba.JPG
Toy%201_zpslet15ddn.JPG
Hungry Valley.jpg

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Went from a Mustang GT with Eleanor Body kit and bolts-ons, and don't miss it. Wife was sure I'd have regret after selling it.

But still have the wife's Challenger if I feel the need, haven't yet, and the Harley.

But in honestly, I knew I was over the Mustang after 13 years. I still loved that car, it was my baby, but I also didn't get the same feeling driving it anymore. The last couple years I probably only put 2,000 miles on it, and most were out of obligation to not just let it sit in the garage.

Sponsored

Towerism

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys 3.6L 6 Speed (on order)
I sold my 2021 Mustang Mach 1 6 speed earlier this month. I'll pick up my wrangler from the dealer at some point (see sig). I stopped caring for the noise the mustang made, and just wanted a more practical manual transmission vehicle. And I prefer ordering my cars exactly the way I want 'em.

EDIT: add more information.

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
I'm about to venture down the path of researching and buying my first ever Jeep. I've owned a 440hp Pontiac G8 GT for the past 12 years and have loved the 180k+ miles I've driven it. But I'm really intrigued about the ability to take the top/doors off and being able to do some minor off-roading.

I'm curious how many others have made the switch from the fast-car lifestyle to the Jeep lifestyle and whether or not they've regretted any part of it.
I just did. I had a 2022 new corvette. Had many sports cars including Mustangs, Vets, Porsche, Nissan Gtr, and a Viper. and different pickups over the years. Traded my truck off for a Jeep 4XE that I picked up a couple days ago and the vet off for a 23 392 XR.

I have a trailer if I need the pickup type thing for the once in a while hauls. The sports cars were useless in the the NE winters and the roads aren't that great. I love my 4XE and am so glad to get rid of that low slung vet. I don't regret the truck being gone either. The Jeep is all year capable, will pull my trailer for anything I will need to haul, takes up a small foot print in the garage, parks easy in public, and has the raw feel I love in a vehicle. I have also found I don't speed as much now :)

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Your looking at the wrong vehicle. If you just want to get the roof and doors of and go off the road. Get a Ford Bronco. But if you want a performance vehicle (like you have now). Get the Jeep maybe a Hemi (392) Rubicon. Best of both worlds. You can do your light off roading with out breaking a sweat. (Or a tie rod) I went from a V6 Camaro Convertible to a V6 Jeep convertible. I'm Loving it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Switching from horsepower to 4x4 IMG_20171110_161729

Jeep Wrangler JL Switching from horsepower to 4x4 IMG_20210630_115206
Sponsored