First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
So sounds like, if I want a hardtop then just find one on the lot with hardtop and buy it or order one with hardtop. Makes sense. Thanks!
Definitely! Why do you want a hard top?
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Flip phone or folding phone? Marked difference. Lol
Flip 3 samsung. Like old school. I can't wait to get mad at someone on the phone and snap it shut šŸ˜ don't judge.

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
I bought soft top Wrangler since I wanted two door/ manual transmission. Built soft top purchase and install into my deal. Soft top sitting unused ornamentally in front of my unused fireplace.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
For the most part, we are a pretty chill society. Lol. Should I say sorry about that? ;) plus, weed is 100% legal so that helps as well. Lmao.
Imposter. You didn't type soary.

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
For the most part, we are a pretty chill society. Lol. Should I say sorry about that? ;) plus, weed is 100% legal so that helps as well. Lmao.
šŸ¤£ looks like I need to move to canada!

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Getting close to buying a 2022 Rubicon soft top off the lot, only thing is that I don't want a soft top. How hard to switch it to a Hard top and where do I order one from? Prefer to get the factory Hard top. Thanks!
Piece of cake if you donā€™t mind the wiper and the defrost not working, otherwise itā€™s rather involved.

Needless to say, my wiper and defrost do not work.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
šŸ¤£ looks like I need to move to canada!
Said everybody everywhere!

You don't need to move here though. Look for a Tim Hortons. Look across the street and there will be a Cannibis shop. As long as you're over 18, you can walk right in there like a goddamned adult and buy as much as you require. Weird eh? ;)

Last edited:

Jeepaddict76

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you plan on running larger than stock tires you won't be able to see much out of your rear window anyway. No need to wire the wiper or defrost IMO.

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Getting close to buying a 2022 Rubicon soft top off the lot, only thing is that I don't want a soft top. How hard to switch it to a Hard top and where do I order one from? Prefer to get the factory Hard top. Thanks!
I bought a Rubicon soft top...almost 2 years later, I picked up a hard top for it.
There are some metal brackets you need to install for the freedom panels...the front ones are particularly tricky, but a torx bit and small crescent wrench will make quick work of them.
Yes, the wiper/defroster harness is a separate install. I haven't bothered. The soft top doesn't have those features, and I've never needed them. All that said, when the weather warms up I'll switch back and the hard top might sit in the corner of the garage indefinitely. I love the soft top.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Like folks have said, if you want a hardtop buy it and not the soft top. Itā€™s a ton easier to add a soft top and it is a fully functioning hardtop. A hardtop with a Sunrider instead of the freedom panels is pretty nice-something to think aboutā€¦

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I bought a JKU soft top. Years later I bought a hard top from someone that didnā€™t want it anymore. Check listings and you may be surprised to find one at huge savings. Many people buy the dual top option and eventually get rid of one. I didnā€™t bother with wiper, water etc. Easy button.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Said everybody everywhere!

You don't need to move here though. Look for a Tim Hortons. Look across the street and there will be a Cannibis shop. As long as you're over 18, you can walk right in there like a goddamned adult and buy as much as you require. Weird eh? ;)
Thats too funny! I am a card holder... I just don't like the judgy ppl I get around this neck of the woods.