Swaying issue after new rims and tires

rymums

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I just recently put 33s and 18x9 fuel assault rims on my JL. At first everything road fine. After awhile I'm now experiencing a sway back and forth. This seems to be happening after I accelerate and kind of just hold my foot on the accelerator to hold speed. I notice also that I hear a pretty loud rumbling noise right beneath me when I'm letting off the gas and trying to hold the same speed. The loud rumbling noise and sway only really seem to happen when I'm on the accelerator just maintaining a set speed. I have a stock suspension. I'm confused as to what it is, its not pulling one way or the other its just a sway back and forth.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Just another thing to look at, all four wheels are properly seated hubs and lug nuts torqued

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Check the lug nuts if you haven't yet. Lug nuts may not seat properly on a new wheel and are supposed to be rechecked after 50 miles.

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Check lug nuts. Additionally are the new rims hub centric? If not, one may be slightly off center on the hub. I’m not sure what everyone’s thoughts are on hub rings, but they seem like a good idea to cut the difference between the hub bore and the bore on the rim
Sponsored