jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Have a Sport with Rubi suspension and 3/4" spacers making it about 2" above stock Sport height. I'm looking for disconnects and I think I've narrowed my choice down to 2. Any one have any input on these choices?

Choice #1 Rancho. Although these specify they are for 2" lift, I reached out and got this info from Ranchp:

The end links are adjustable from 6.61-10.5"
If you add the required relocation bracket that gives a working length (center of axle mount to center of sway bar) 8.08-11.97"
Right now my swaybar is level and the working length is about 5.25". An 8" length should give me about a 15 degree upward angle on the swaybar. From what I can gather that's perfectly acceptable. This solution wouldn't require any cutting since it uses the relocation bracket.

Choice #2: JKS. The 0-2" will fit, but I will have to cut the tab on the passenger side. Not a big deal, but I'd rather not if I don't have to - more because it's a pain in the ass than anything else.

The Teraflex and Synergy both appear too long. Synergy min length is 10" so even if I cut the tab, it will be longer than I want. Teraflex min length is 8.5" so same problem although it could work if I cut - but why not go with JKS at that point?
Sponsored

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sport with JKS 0-2” disconnects. I did not cut the passenger side extra tab off (I have a Prorock 44 and that tab is super thick).
My ultimate solution was to buy sway bar extensions:
https://www.synergymfg.com/jeep-jl-front-sway-bar-link-relocation-brackets.html
They raise the sway bar bottom out of that pocket and can now be used easily.

Before this solution, I just flipped the passenger side disconnect mounting so it was bolted to the axle on the bottom, and the pin was on top. When I disconnected I ziptied the top of the disco to the spring. I wheeled several times that way but I never liked that passenger side disco banging into the spring.

HTH

OP
OP
jmcdtucson

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sport with JKS 0-2” disconnects. I did not cut the passenger side extra tab off (I have a Prorock 44 and that tab is super thick).
My ultimate solution was to buy sway bar extensions:
https://www.synergymfg.com/jeep-jl-front-sway-bar-link-relocation-brackets.html
They raise the sway bar bottom out of that pocket and can now be used easily.

Before this solution, I just flipped the passenger side disconnect mounting so it was bolted to the axle on the bottom, and the pin was on top. When I disconnected I ziptied the top of the disco to the spring. I wheeled several times that way but I never liked that passenger side disco banging into the spring.

HTH
That looks like a better solution - the JKS 0-2" links look shorter than the Rancho ones just eyeballing the photos.

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm not sure what you are using to decide the correct sway bar link length, but for most lifts, the angle of the sway bar is a result of fitment and not so much desired angle. First and foremost, make sure the sway bar link lengths are not so long they get into the inner fenders/body at full up travel and make sure they are not too short that they over-center at full droop. This is a bit of a balancing act as you get longer shocks that allow more wheel travel. Sway bar angle pretty much gets thrown out the window at this point as the required sway bar length doesn't leave much room for adjustment.

OP
OP
jmcdtucson

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure what you are using to decide the correct sway bar link length, but for most lifts, the angle of the sway bar is a result of fitment and not so much desired angle. First and foremost, make sure the sway bar link lengths are not so long they get into the inner fenders/body at full up travel and make sure they are not too short that they over-center at full droop. This is a bit of a balancing act as you get longer shocks that allow more wheel travel. Sway bar angle pretty much gets thrown out the window at this point as the required sway bar length doesn't leave much room for adjustment.
Ah, good point. I hadn't really considered that. I was just going on general recommendation to be somewhere within 20 degrees of level for good effectiveness of the swaybar at ride height. I will verify up travel and droop.
I think since I have stock Rubicon suspension with 3/4" spacers, and my current links are same length as Rubi (~5 inches) I should be fine going a bit longer but will be sure to keep that in mind and test. Or maybe just go to someone who knows what they are doing. Haha.
Sponsored