Sponsored

Swaybar Motor Flip w/ Motobilt Crusher Bumper?

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Has anyone done the swaybar motor flip with the Motobilt Crusher Bumper?
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I did, kinda. I tried but the problem I had was my winch and bumper (Motobilt Crusher w/ Bull bar and Warn VR-10) were already installed and it was the night before the work week before the off roading trip the following Weekend- so I wasn't taking that MF off. That caused a slight alignment issue with the bolt- so as I was turning the factory bolt, trying to thread it into the housing, the threads got bored out. It worked, but I ended up having to swap out the factory bolt to a slightly thinner bolt, with a sleeve, and a washer/ nylock nut on the end. I put that through the swaybar housing and bolted it down tight. There is a little play, but not much- which is fine, because the housing rotates and it doesn't really affect the function of the swaybar-the bolt has no real function other than to keep the housing in place.

I followed the same basic tutorial as the JK version, but IIRC Instead of rotating it forward, I had to flip it backward until it kinda lined up, then just bolted it down. There is a useless (as far as i can tell?) nub on the housing that won't clear the winch mounting plate- however, if you rotate it the other way, you're 90% to lining up the bolt you need and if you get a bolt with a thinner shaft, you can make it work. Keep in mind, you're going to be blindly bolting through the frame and finagling a wrench into a real difficult position.

That was over a year ago now, I haven't had any issues since. Let me know if you've got any questions.