Sway bar quick disconnects for jl sport s

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]I'm thinking of putting JKS sway bar quick disconnects on my jl sport with no lift...thing is it requires cutting off ear for stock end link on passenger side...
I am leery of doing this on my new Jeep for warranty reasons .
Any advice or comments or input would be greatly appreciated...

15760056327633506947235229066894.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Get the JKS, it has by far the best design among all the options.
I had the same reservation going in, and no regrets looking back.

OP
OP
Mwags

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just afraid if the jeep develops any front end issues that dealer won't honor warranty.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you cut the tab off there is no going back should you decide to go a different route down the road. There are a few options that add brackets. I'm familiar with the Rock Krawler ones first hand. They work great, no cutting/drilling required.

OP
OP
Mwags

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you cut the tab off there is no going back should you decide to go a different route down the road. There are a few options that add brackets. I'm familiar with the Rock Krawler ones first hand. They work great, no cutting/drilling required.

OP
OP
Mwags

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know there's no going back...I already bought the JKSs before realizing I hadda cut..

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
If your worry is will cutting off that bracket to install swaybar quick disconnects will void your warranty the answer yes, but not because you cut the bracket but because you installed after market swaybar links, you will have the same issue with other brands that do not require cutting.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I installed JKS quick disconnects and I did not cut off that tab on the axle. I have a PR44 and that tab is very thick, otherwise I’d cut it off in a heartbeat. I bolted that right sided quick disconnect on the bottom through the tab like stock and attached the slide off post to the top of the disconnect (where JKS instructions originally said to bolt it). I did trim the bolt sleeve to fit between the tab on the Stock location.

When wheeling, you can either only disconnect the left side and leave the right side connected, which works ok but the sway bar needs to be adjusted “up” so that at right sided axle droop, the left side of the swaybar does not contact the left side axle that is stuffed “up”. Or you can disconnect both sway bar links (traditional way for left, pop the top of the link off on the right and zip tie the top of that right link somewhere, I loosely tied it to the lower part of the coil spring).

FWIW I got also used a long slide off post for that right upper link connection. There is a long and a short that comes with the kit but JKs will send you another long if you ask them... for a small fee.

Last edited:

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I cut the tab off, not worried about ramifications at all. Sway bar has nothing to do with steering issues. Even if you do cut off, and then change to other sway bar components down the road, you can still use the bolt.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Slice and dice! Never looked back. I really like the holding bracket that JKS includes in their kit. Rock Krawler fan boy here, but I didn't like the strap solution they use. (I get vertigo crawling around under vehicles so I looked for disconnects that would require the least amount of fumbling)

OP
OP
Mwags

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just noticed that the minimum length of the quick disconnects are 5.550 center to center and the OE centers are 5.0...this will raise the sway bar up past recommended 5 degrees...Would this be a problem?

15772043374063874282964285607673.jpg
Sponsored