Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I am currently running a 2.5 inch Evo budge boost. Im about to take off the budget boost and install my falcon shocks along with my new coils. The lift will be 2.5 inches. My question is, will I need to buy new sway bar links? If so, where...I've been looking everywhere and can't find anyone selling them standalone. Thanks,
Sponsored

OP
OP
Command Line RC

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that Teraflex sells the front and rear extended sway bar links in a lift kit. I called them up and explained that I don't need the whole kit just the sway bar links. He broke out the parts and priced them. I will say that if you see something in their kit but don't need the whole thing, call them up they will break it apart for you and price it. Just to illiterate, I have found zero companies pricing these parts out individually.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
We are offering longer (adjustable) fronts right now.
:)

jl_rs62126b_sell.jpg
@RanchoShocks, Questions:
- What are the price of these?
- Do you need to cut the lower metal tab off on the passenger side like other sway bar disconnect links are requiring?
- Will these fit the RC 2.5" budget lift? To clarify, this lift gives you 2.5" of lift in the front and 2" in the rear. This is to take the rake out of the front.
- Could you please provide pics of them on the Jeep?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
- What are the price of these?
- Do you need to cut the lower metal tab off on the passenger side like other sway bar disconnect links are requiring?
- Will these fit the RC 2.5" budget lift? To clarify, this lift gives you 2.5" of lift in the front and 2" in the rear. This is to take the rake out of the front.
- Could you please provide pics of them on the Jeep?
PING @RanchoShocks

Sponsored

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Playing catch-up from SEMA last week :)
See below in bold.

- What are the price of these? We don't sell direct so look to your favorite retailer on cost.
No cutting is needed.
- Will these fit the RC 2.5" budget lift? To clarify, this lift gives you 2.5" of lift in the front and 2" in the rear. This is to take the rake out of the front. Yep over 2" of lift to 6" lift
- Could you please provide pics of them on the Jeep? Check this out, the install PDF below!

Attachments

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@RanchoShocks; Thanks! Great pdf and I really like your work around for not cutting the passenger tab off. Only question is why no Zerk fitting? They seem to be the norm for disconnects. I see the top bolt on your is pretty much identical to factory. Do you find that to be a better fit/response than the ball type with a Zerk? Not criticizing, just wanting to understand.

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
I really liked the Rancho setup too. However they say you must have at least a 2" lift to use their system.
I don't have a lift and not planning on one right away. But it looks like a nice setup.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I really liked the Rancho setup too. However they say you must have at least a 2" lift to use their system.
I don't have a lift and not planning on one right away. But it looks like a nice setup.
Yeah I don't think you will find any disconnects for a stock Jeep. I don't know that you would want to do that anyway because you really won't be able articulate much before you shove all the way in the fender.

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
So we use in this bushing (and are other bushings) composed of PTFE, this is a "self lubricating" style bushing. So it has a similar design to OE but not a rubber bushing. Great question!

@RanchoShocks; Thanks! Great pdf and I really like your work around for not cutting the passenger tab off. Only question is why no Zerk fitting? They seem to be the norm for disconnects. I see the top bolt on your is pretty much identical to factory. Do you find that to be a better fit/response than the ball type with a Zerk? Not criticizing, just wanting to understand.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@RanchoShocks
OK, I'm ready to pull the trigger and it's between you and JKS. Rock Krawler uses Johnny Joints and no way am I going with those because they will click.
I found a dealer who sells your stuff. He said your engineering department is awesome.
I like the fact that you go with OEM type pivot point at the top and that you don't cut the metal tab on the axle.
The stock sway bar link has a slight offset. Are you compensating for that with your bolt on tab? JKS has two plastic spacers (one on each end) to accomplish this.
JKS is on my LJ and they are solid. They have a grease-able ball and socket at the top which is pretty nice and very solid. They cut the metal tab which I don't really like.
You guys are both at same price point.

I'm not trying to sound like a Jerk here... is there another reason to go with you guys?

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
No cutting on ours, as you mentioned there is cutting involved on JKS.
Right there, ease of install wins :) At least for me!
Matt

@RanchoShocks
OK, I'm ready to pull the trigger and it's between you and JKS. Rock Krawler uses Johnny Joints and no way am I going with those because they will click.
I found a dealer who sells your stuff. He said your engineering department is awesome. They truly make it "easy" for me to understand too!
I like the fact that you go with OEM type pivot point at the top and that you don't cut the metal tab on the axle.
The stock sway bar link has a slight offset. Are you compensating for that with your bolt on tab? JKS has two plastic spacers (one on each end) to accomplish this. Correct
JKS is on my LJ and they are solid. They have a grease-able ball and socket at the top which is pretty nice and very solid. They cut the metal tab which I don't really like.
You guys are both at same price point.

I'm not trying to sound like a Jerk here... is there another reason to go with you guys?

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
@RanchoShocks
You did not answer this part of above question unless I missed it.
"The stock sway bar link has a slight offset. Are you compensating for that with your bolt on tab?"

Last edited:

Ict_JL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Fireman
I saw that Teraflex sells the front and rear extended sway bar links in a lift kit. I called them up and explained that I don't need the whole kit just the sway bar links. He broke out the parts and priced them. I will say that if you see something in their kit but don't need the whole thing, call them up they will break it apart for you and price it. Just to illiterate, I have found zero companies pricing these parts out individually.
I called teraflex today and they told me that the stock rear end links can be put on the front when installing 2.5” lift. What is the length of the end links that they sold you?
Sponsored