Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I agree it kind of sucks in this regard. But once slowed down to navigate different terrain, it auto disconnects, so not the end of the world. I have gotten used to the back and forth volley of the disconnects and connects. They engineered and designed it this way, so I use it as is.
It's not enough to get me to install and use manual disconnects. It's just a little concerning because I seem to be always skirting that line where I trigger it often and it's always a bit behind, still trying to unlock after I'm already flexing. If that ends up breaking it I'm replacing it with a manual disconnect.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
It's not enough to get me to install and use manual disconnects. It's just a little concerning because I seem to be always skirting that line where I trigger it often and it's always a bit behind, still trying to unlock after I'm already flexing. If that ends up breaking it I'm replacing it with a manual disconnect.
Wow that’s good to know! I’ve decided on the autolynx which I’ll order next Friday! I feel like I’m finally able to start doing big things to my Jeep which is really exciting. My diff covers are pretty banged up so I’ll replace those at some point too😂

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Hm. It says it's only for the Rubicon.
Watch the video, install of the component on the right is on a Sport, via if I recall correctly, been a while since I watched the video, a take off rubicon disconnect. The part on the right works in lieu of electric.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
When interest finally hits me to not crawl under my Sport and disconnect my JKS sway bars, this is what I have in mind, https://evomfg.com/collections/no-limits-sway-bar-disconnect-for-jl-jt-jk-rubicon
Fancy lol! have to say I love the feeling of crawling under my Jeep 😂 hopefully it’ll only be for installs not trying to find what’s broken on trail…I’m trying to install the fish one off-road door hinge step and it’s impossible to get the hinge bolts off!! I’m at the point I don’t want to try anymore since I’m close to stripping them…

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
@rockclimber

Tara,
I've personally installed the Teraflex Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Kit on my 2019 2-door Sport S. I couldn't be any happier. I find that the 5 minutes to either disconnect or reconnect the sway bar links is really no big deal.

This kit has been just as important as the 2.5" lift and 35" tires I've installed. There's just about nowhere I wouldn't now take this JL. The additional articulation off-road certainly helps keep the front wheels firmly on the ground. Since my Sport does not have locking axles, the extra articulation greatly helps maintain traction even in the most challenging of trails. Other Jeepers are truly impressed that they see a Sport where typically only Rubicon's venture, here within my home state of Colorado.

So no matter which disconnection method you choose, you won't regret it. However, having a fully disconnected sway bar that won't automatically reconnect is something I really do appreciate. I like having the ultimate control of how exactly my Jeep behaves. I'd never intentionally travel anywhere off-road again with the sway bars connected. They are that amazingly good. I always now disconnect them as I'm airing down and typically will only reconnect them when airing back up.

Comparatively, the Teraflex kit uses a Cotter Pin approach which makes it extremely easy to disconnect or reconnect. Certainly not as easy as the Rubi's pushbutton, but nowhere near as difficult as wrenching the stock links on and off. Furthermore, the Teraflex kit has a bracket that keeps them firmly out of the way when disconnected. No tie wraps or any other kludgy mechanism to keep them secure when disconnected.

Furthermore, I also can't overstate how important it is to reconnect the sway bar links whenever you're back 'on-road' travelling faster than around 25mph. Rollover potential is a real possibility with disconnected sway bar links, especially at highway speeds. So some amount of discipline at using a manual disconnect mechanism is certainly a responsibility.

Regardless, tackling even the most severe terrain with so much more control is what I now experience. I would never again go off-road anywhere without it.

I'm pretty sure that you too will realize the same benefit.

Jay

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar disconnects InShot_20220214_082215949
Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar disconnects InShot_20220214_082813942
Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar disconnects InShot_20200915_223133135

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
@rockclimber

Tara,
I've personally installed the Teraflex Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Kit on my 2019 2-door Sport S. I couldn't be any happier. I find that the 5 minutes to either disconnect or reconnect the sway bar links is really no big deal.

This kit has been just as important as the 2.5" lift and 35" tires I've installed. There's just about nowhere I wouldn't now take this JL. The additional articulation off-road certainly helps keep the front wheels firmly on the ground. Since my Sport does not have locking axles, the extra articulation greatly helps maintain traction even in the most challenging of trails. Other Jeepers are truly impressed that they see a Sport where typically only Rubicon's venture, here within my home state of Colorado.

So no matter which disconnection method you choose, you won't regret it. However, having a fully disconnected sway bar that won't automatically reconnect is something I really do appreciate. I like having the ultimate control of how exactly my Jeep behaves. I'd never intentionally travel anywhere off-road again with the sway bars connected. They are that amazingly good. I always now disconnect them as I'm airing down and typically will only reconnect them when airing back up.

Comparatively, the Teraflex kit uses a Cotter Pin approach which makes it extremely easy to disconnect or reconnect. Certainly not as easy as the Rubi's pushbutton, but nowhere near as difficult as wrenching the stock links on and off. Furthermore, the Teraflex kit has a bracket that keeps them firmly out of the way when disconnected. No tie wraps or any other kludgy mechanism to keep them secure when disconnected.

Furthermore, I also can't overstate how important it is to reconnect the sway bar links whenever you're back 'on-road' travelling faster than around 25mph. Rollover potential is a real possibility with
Thank you for the info! That sounds like a great system and once again I’ve changed my mind 😂 I’m pretty sure I’ve looked at it before but got distracted by everything else out there.

I’ve learned I can trust other peoples experience with these things which is a great feeling these days..love your Jeep by the way! I almost ended up with a 2 door JK the same day I leased this one almost 2ish years ago!

Any other mods you recommend? I’m a little worried about the spacer lift I have so I haven’t added aftermarket bumpers yet.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar disconnects 9D597C2B-5846-4828-8105-42F60BF637CA
Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar disconnects 8BA3CFF9-849D-4533-9957-2112C52DC0E3
Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar disconnects CCAA5B62-DCE9-42E2-8E13-C982845EE23B
That blue loctite really does hold all the bolts on😂
Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar disconnects B04ADA06-18FC-4B65-99F8-B790BBB509BD
Yes that is a block of wood the axle is sitting on so we could jack another spot up..

Sponsored

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
JKS for me. Cheap, stout, and grease the studs, they slide off easily.
$700 for the Antirock is a lot of coin. But, get what you think you’ll like.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
At this point I guess I’d rather invest in bumpers and other suspension components that will last awhile than an extra $500 on an “auto” sway bar disconnect over typical manual disconnects that are true to their function every time.

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
At this point I guess I’d rather invest in bumpers and other suspension components that will last awhile than an extra $500 on an “auto” sway bar disconnect over typical manual disconnects that are true to their function every time.
$500 would go a long way toward a X20 winch, recover gear in general, ditch lights, FOX shocks etc... JKS disconnects were $180 if I recall correctly.

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Occupation
Retired fabricator and mechanic
My Rubicon's electronic swaybar disconnect does not live up to expectations.
Even with a Tazer, it's on and off and the actual results are hard to detect compared with manual disconnects.
After learning to hate the electronic swaybar disconnects, I installed JKS disconnects as I had in my previous Jeeps. The front end is much looser with the JKS, the electric swaybar still has resistance to articulation and has less effect, IMO.
Turning the electronic swaybar on just before disconnecting or reconnecting make the process easier, especially if the Jeep isn't level, side to side.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Apex for the win. Easy to disconnect and connect.
Sponsored