Sponsored

Sway bar disconnect disengages when vehicle ignition turned off

jeepnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Is it normal for the sway bar disconnect to re-engage when you turn the ignition off? I have a 2019 JLUR. Pain in the butt to reset every time!
Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is it normal for the sway bar disconnect to re-engage when you turn the ignition off? I have a 2019 JLUR. Pain in the butt to reset every time!
Doesn’t reconnect on mine in 4low. Don’t often run in 4hi with it disconnected so I can’t say what it does in 4hi.

OP
OP

jeepnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Doesn’t reconnect on mine in 4low. Don’t often run in 4hi with it disconnected so I can’t say what it does in 4hi.
Thanks; will try that next time I go out! Would be even better if you could disconnect it even in 2wd

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks; will try that next time I go out! Would be even better if you could disconnect it even in 2wd
If you get the tazer mini you can disco in 2wd, and stay disconnected. You can remap the sway bar button to one of the cruise control buttons. I have mine on the resume button. Then you can use that button to disconnect and it won’t reconnect until you push the button again. When your using the cruise control the resume button works normally.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If you get the tazer mini you can disco in 2wd, and stay disconnected. You can remap the sway bar button to one of the cruise control buttons. I have mine on the resume button. Then you can use that button to disconnect and it won’t reconnect until you push the button again. When your using the cruise control the resume button works normally.
+1 on the Tazer mini

It's also nice to be able to use the rear locker in 2hi, front and rear in 4hi, full "trac kill" on the safeties, and the rest of the settings locked from the factory. My nearest thing to a complaint is when I popped the hood while all locked up and the hood alarm and lights went nuts. Forgot about enabling that feature.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on the Tazer mini

It's also nice to be able to use the rear locker in 2hi, front and rear in 4hi, full "trac kill" on the safeties, and the rest of the settings locked from the factory. My nearest thing to a complaint is when I popped the hood while all locked up and the hood alarm and lights went nuts. Forgot about enabling that feature.
:CWL:..........been there.... lol..

alkapin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR, 2014 White GL350
Hm, all I could find in the off-road Tazer menu was to turn sway bar ON or OFF. Do you remember how did you set the disconnect in 2H option?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hm, all I could find in the off-road Tazer menu was to turn sway bar ON or OFF. Do you remember how did you set the disconnect in 2H option?
You have to use the swaykill option and remap the sway button to one of the cruise control buttons. I used the resume button. Then you don’t use the sway bar button, you use the remap button. When cruise control is turned on then the resume button goes back to its normal function.

alkapin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have to use the swaykill option and remap the sway button to one of the cruise control buttons. I used the resume button. Then you don’t use the sway bar button, you use the remap button. When cruise control is turned on then the resume button goes back to its normal function.
Thanks!

alkapin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to bother you again. Spent 30 mins, couldn't figure out the remap thing.

In the manual it says "press and hold the right arrow and the button you like to remap". So when engine is not running when I do that and attempt to remap the RES button I get tazer reboot sequence. When engine IS running I get the winch mode on action. How do you get to the remap feature??

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bother you again. Spent 30 mins, couldn't figure out the remap thing.

In the manual it says "press and hold the right arrow and the button you like to remap". So when engine is not running when I do that and attempt to remap the RES button I get tazer reboot sequence. When engine IS running I get the winch mode on action. How do you get to the remap feature??
No worries brother..... while pressing and holding the right arrow, press the res button several times until “ sway kill “ comes up on dash, then the res button is remapped for sway bar, but will be the resume button when cruise is on. There are a few things you can remap so you might have to push the button a few times until swaykill comes up. This is done with ignition in run but engine off.
Sponsored

Last edited: