First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S (JL)
Occupation
Auto Insurance Agent
Picked up the suspension from a JLRU and am planning to put it on my Sport S 2 door. Should get ok lift from it and all but I’m having one question before I do it. With everything I need to disconnect to get the springs in, how jacked up in my front alignment going to get? And if it’s a mess, how hard it it to fix on my own?
Sponsored

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Picked up the suspension from a JLRU and am planning to put it on my Sport S 2 door. Should get ok lift from it and all but I’m having one question before I do it. With everything I need to disconnect to get the springs in, how jacked up in my front alignment going to get? And if it’s a mess, how hard it it to fix on my own?
The only thing that will chang that can be adjusted is your steering wheel. You'll have to recenter it. There's an adjustment on the drag link to do that. The caster and camber are not adjustable on the stock components and your toe won't change from swapping springs and shocks.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
You should consider two things:
  1. During install, swap the lower control arms for something that adds caster. I'm a fan of the Mopar lift lower control arms due to their price and simplicity, but adjustable LCAs would allow for future upgrades.
  2. Compare the spring part numbers to what your existing spring numbers are. Ideally, if your passenger front spring is one number higher than the drivers front spring, you want the new front passenger spring to also be one number higher. Same goes for the rear.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Another slight concern is that you're putting 4dr springs in your 2dr, so it may have slightly more lift than if they were going on a 4dr Sport, and they may ride a little rougher, assuming they're a little stiffer.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Great replies, no alignment issues, in my case no adjustment to center the wheel either. I would highly recommend those Mopar LCAs. Will retain your steering that you had prior to swapping Rubicon suspension. After you install the Rubi set you'll notice, especially at higher hwy speeds that your steering will feel lighter and more prone to wander off center.
Here's my thread on the suspension swap and LCA install
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I got about 1-1/2" of lift from the Rubi takeoff springs and another 1 from the tires. I did the mopar lower control arm swap as well which did help with wandering from the reduction in caster due to lifting. Did have to adjust the steering wheel though. I had gotten takeoffs from a 4dr hardtop.

z3D0xjlJ6eB6ShY6vUf3JLjc3FfEhgVIWa2sVYQ9zZQ23JDtOuzwSJhdJrX6kch1cw3ApYVDNdb3XvqeRg=w1139-h854-no.jpg

X8oB20VxaeK6IB3C2nWtzEzfzU50XlS8cfTvuxeEh54caXDM_Fu3_rK323tIo61nVTY3fsTl938bMHgM4A=w1139-h854-no.jpg
Sponsored