Sponsored

Swapping OE fog light bulbs with yellow LED bulbs?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

I’d like to have yellow LED fogs. But when I do a search online I get literally hundreds of returns ranging from $20 to $500 for a pair of lightbulbs. I can’t really tell what’s good and what isn’t; what works and what doesn’t.

I was able to successfully swap the lights on my Fiat 124 Spider —see below— by following the recommendation of fellow forum members.

I’d like to do the same to my Jeep. I am looking for a plug-and-play solution, hopefully costing less than $50.

Anyone who has done this successfully, please share the info and, if possible, the link.

Thanks in advance!

My Fiat: white halogen on the left; yellow LED on the right. Completely plug-and-play. Total cost was under $30.
Jeep Wrangler JL Swapping OE fog light bulbs with yellow LED bulbs? 1669130919667
Sponsored

Budshd

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon w/Extreme Pkg, 2019 911 Turbo S
I have a 23 392 Rubicon. I ordered SS3 Max from Diode Dynamics. Love the look. I originally order yellow LED bulbs to throw in th fog lamps. The fog lamps on steel bumper are one piece, or at least I could not figure out how to open the lens. I called DD, and they set up an easy return of the bulbs and I ordered the SS3 Max. They are bright!

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
See Post #25. Bulbs are a switchback design. One press of the fog light button turns them on white, An on-off-on toggle cycles to amber.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Is Laminix pre-cut or do I have to cut it?

Can those of you recommending Laminix film please share a link?

Thanks.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
https://lamin-x.com/black-friday-cy...hwyIgICki4iEozplwIRMihE-0LGSHlnhoCSaEQAvD_BwE

personally, I found the film, although easy to use & fit, lacked the more true yellow light that I prefer & was more of a yelloish white..if that makes any sense.

if doing bulbs, review this video:

while the above video focuses on headlights, there is similar information for fogs:

although I don't work for any bulb maufacturer, I've always, in the past, when I"ve gone the bulb route, had great luck with alla lighting: great customer service & they stand behind what they sell...very easy to work with.
https://allalighting.com/?gclid=Cjw...YwZpJzUUzJRtT2IdN-2Vplenmz0uh-0BoCLj0QAvD_BwE

Last edited:

58Willys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Pre cut, easy to install. No need to to remove fog lamps. Mine have been on two years, still in great shape. I think they $16.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
https://lamin-x.com/black-friday-cy...hwyIgICki4iEozplwIRMihE-0LGSHlnhoCSaEQAvD_BwE

personally, I found the film, although easy to use & fit, lacked the more true yellow light that I prefer & was more of a yelloish white..if that makes any sense.

if doing bulbs, review this video:

while the above video focuses on headlights, there is similar information for fogs:

although I don't work for any bulb maufacturer, I've always, in the past, when I"ve gone the bulb route, had great luck with alla lighting: great customer service & they stand behind what they sell...very easy to work with.
https://allalighting.com/?gclid=Cjw...YwZpJzUUzJRtT2IdN-2Vplenmz0uh-0BoCLj0QAvD_BwE
The website says there’s no fog light film for Jeep JL.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Found it on Amazon. Never mind.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Do films really work worth a damn?
The reason I ask is that I’ve tried white LED bulbs behind red and amber lenses a few times in the past and they look terrible. Red appears much less red than with a traditional bulb, and amber often appears almost white. I’ve found that using a bulb that matches the lens color works much better.
Sponsored