Swapping my Sahara Suspension for Rubicon Takeoff Suspension

Lehman26

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler JL XR
Sorry this has probably been covered many times. I'm looking at removing my suspension on my Sahara and swapping it out for some takeoff Rubicon suspension. What parts are needed? Are the springs and shocks the only difference? Or do I need the Rubicon control arms and sway bar links as well? And I already have Rubicon wheels and 33" tires, so how much lift will I actually gain and is it worth doing? Thanks
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Sorry this has probably been covered many times. I'm looking at removing my suspension on my Sahara and swapping it out for some takeoff Rubicon suspension. What parts are needed? Are the springs and shocks the only difference? Or do I need the Rubicon control arms and sway bar links as well? And I already have Rubicon wheels and 33" tires, so how much lift will I actually gain and is it worth doing? Thanks
Ryan, definitely worth doing, and you only need the springs & shocks, all other parts are the same. I would try to get the end links included though as they can wear and may even break under stress so not a bad idea to have some spares :)
Expect about a 1.5 to 1.75" lift if you get a Rubicon set from a 4dr, hardtop, tow pkg and steel bumpers. If you get one w/ less of the heavy options the springs won't give you as much lift, but still at least 1.25" from all I've read.

I would also recommend the longer Mopar lift LCAs to keep your caster up in the 6 degree range, this is ideal for best road manners.

Here's a thread I made, it's for a 2dr but the install and LCA part # is the same.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

OP
OP
Lehman26

Lehman26

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler JL XR
Awesome info thanks man
Sponsored