Swapping Mopar plastic bumper to Steel bumper w/winch

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
trail recon is a fairly decent YouTube channel. New video up shows replacing the plastic Mopar bumper with a Mopar Steel bumper with skid plate, warn winch bracket and Smittybuilt winch. Maybe not rocket science, but it’s always good to see what your getting into before you start

Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced the front and rear plastic bumpers that came on my Sahara with Lod Destroyer steel ones in November. The hardest thing for me was lifting them up onto the frame rails by myself! The rear bumper, in particular, is pretty darn heavy and reminded me I'm not quite as young as I used to be. Ugh. :) Other than that, it was a straightforward, fairly easy job. The above video is a good one and I like TrailRecon's videos. I watched [Banned Site]'s video on installing the Lod Destroyer front bumper (which includes swapping in the factory fog lamps) and found it to be a big help. :like:

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I replaced the front and rear plastic bumpers that came on my Sahara with Lod Destroyer steel ones in November. The hardest thing for me was lifting them up onto the frame rails by myself! The rear bumper, in particular, is pretty darn heavy and reminded me I'm not quite as young as I used to be. Ugh. :) Other than that, it was a straightforward, fairly easy job. The above video is a good one and I like TrailRecon's videos. I watched [Banned Site]'s video on installing the Lod Destroyer front bumper (which includes swapping in the factory fog lamps) and found it to be a big help. :like:
I just did the same thing but with a winch. I like the look but the steering is different and the ride is stiffer. It’s not a tremendous difference but i still need to get used to it.
Sponsored