Swapping lights between Sport and Rubicon High Top Fender Flares

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Does anyone know if the fenders are identical between 82215743AC and 82215742AC (besides the lights)? I live in Japan and have the export Rubicon which comes with the same fender flares as a Sport and nobody here sells the LED Rubicon High Top Fenders, nor am I willing to pay DHL $4000 to ship them. I can get the halogen version, but can I simply swap the lights between them? Since the halogen version cost $1400 here, I don't want to buy them just to find out they are different.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon flare lights are wider than sport fender lights, found that out when i swapped fenders trying to put my stock sport lights in the rubi fenders

OP
OP
Japan JLUR

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, thanks.. If I can't just move my existing LED lights over, I could still buy them separately from the states. Sucks that for me to get a $480 part from the US is going to now cost $1700. But my question still stands will the LED fender lights (from a US Rubicon) fit into the non-led version of hightop fenders?

Last edited:

79cj7 2020 willys

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 cj7, 2020 willys 2 door
Rubicon flare lights are wider than sport fender lights, found that out when i swapped fenders trying to put my stock sport lights in the rubi fenders
What did u do? I bought the rubicon fenders with LED but want to replace these lights with halogen as the LEDs have issues on my halogen set up Jeep.. can I buy halogen lights for my Jeep with rubi fenders

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
What did u do? I bought the rubicon fenders with LED but want to replace these lights with halogen as the LEDs have issues on my halogen set up Jeep.. can I buy halogen lights for my Jeep with rubi fenders
I had american adventure labs to take care of it, i chopped them

OP
OP
Japan JLUR

Japan JLUR

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I still haven't addressed this on mine. My concern is the that the halogen and leds may be different widths. I don't know if they are, but he Rubi's LED flares are 1" wider so I'm guessing so is the light. I do know the lights can be taken out and replaced, just not sure of switching between halogen and led. For me, I found that the Rubicon flares are illegal here in Japan where I live, as the headlight can't be more than 40cm (15 inches from the outermost part of the vehicle, so I'm not sure I'm ever going to do this.
Sponsored