Swapping hoods: Sahara hood on a Rubicon

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
It will be Silver or White. I held off. My son can’t drive yet and I plan on handing down my LJ. I figured I might as well wait a few years and get my JL when he is 15. That is in 4 years. I will only get a JL earlier than that now, if they announce no more manuals for an upcoming year, or if a non-hybrid won’t be an option.

Oh, if they offered the JL in Gobi, I might get that.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Yeah, I'd trade for a Rubi hood (silver so I wouldn't have to repaint it). This should be easy enough swap to do if you're patient. Plenty of people would like Rubicon hood.

Really a whole different trim level for a different hood? No, that would be a bad idea. Some trims don't have all the options you want. A Rubicon with Selec-Trac 4wd for example, or a Sahara with electronic sway bar disconnects. You buy the trim with the main features you want, and change the stuff that's easy/cheap to change, like a hood.
Or import a non-North American rubicon and get both select-trac and rock-trac =)

the doctor

First Name
Ahitor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door
If someone is looking to do this, a have a sport hood punk'n orange in Florida

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have a Sahara hood (Black) I replaced my hood with a ribi hood at $500 miles. It is boxed and ready to ship $250 plus shipping. It is a huge box though. I am in Seattle

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I have a Sahara hood (Black) I replaced my hood with a ribi hood at $500 miles. It is boxed and ready to ship $250 plus shipping. It is a huge box though. I am in Seattle
What is the difference between a Sport hood and Sahara? Could you share a pic pls?

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I just hope anyone putting a Rubi hood on a sport/sahara is removing the Rubicon sticker...because that is cheese.

But I would trade my punk'n sport hood for a Rubicon hood all day every day

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just hope anyone putting a Rubi hood on a sport/sahara is removing the Rubicon sticker...because that is cheese.

But I would trade my punk'n sport hood for a Rubicon hood all day every day
the hoods come unpainted primer only so no Rubicon stickers.

Here is the sticker I had @pixeldecals make, they just arrived installing next week) for the sides of my hood even then I am black on black.

Jeep Wrangler JL Swapping hoods:  Sahara hood on a Rubicon {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL Swapping hoods:  Sahara hood on a Rubicon {filename}

Bear8kat

First Name
BARRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport s
Occupation
Welder
Is there any reason the hoods could not be swapped? I'd like to purchase a Sahara hood in the same color and swap out the stock Rubicon hood.

What are the chances someone with a sSport or Sahara would like to purchase a Rubicon hood?
Me, text?

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

did you sell your hood? i did the swap as well and have my Sport hood for sale. was hoping i could get more than that for it. i did have someone locally offering me that amount for it. seems way low for a mint condition already painted hood (granted they may need to repaint it)

Sponsored

Prado

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Hi all, I’m looking for a Billet Silver Rubicon hood in Dallas, TX. Would gladly trade my Sahara hood. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thank you

jeepinization

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE
When you got your Rubi hood, what else did you need to purchase besides the Hood, Vents and silencer? Did all other hardware transfer over to your the Rubi hood?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
When you got your Rubi hood, what else did you need to purchase besides the Hood, Vents and silencer? Did all other hardware transfer over to your the Rubi hood?
Yes just the hood, Blanket and plastic vent inserts

Jeep Wrangler JL Swapping hoods:  Sahara hood on a Rubicon hood invoice

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
did you sell your hood? i did the swap as well and have my Sport hood for sale. was hoping i could get more than that for it. i did have someone locally offering me that amount for it. seems way low for a mint condition already painted hood (granted they may need to repaint it)
Late response Sorry, I still have my Sahara Hood can't give the damn thing away. Although I get lots of inquires from JK owners that do not read the full CL ad

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Late response Sorry, I still have my Sahara Hood can't give the damn thing away. Although I get lots of inquires from JK owners that do not read the full CL ad
i ended up selling mine to a guy with a Sahara who said a tree fell on his jeep and damaged his hood. same color as mine. sold it for $400
Sponsored