Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Hi all!

Back in the late 90’s with the YJ I did quite a bit of research into swapping the stock Jeep engine with a Chevy SB 350 and seemed like lots of people were doing it (I didn’t have the know how or cash to drop on that, so never did it). I dropped off the Jeep world until very recently and was wondering if you JL owners have done this same swap? As fun as it would be to simply get the 392 Rubicon, I can’t see spending 77,000 plus tax on it. I now have the know how (well...would need a little instruction and suggestions) and the cash available to do the swap to a basic used JL. Only dilemma now is getting it approved by my wife. ;)

So...anyone doing this out there?
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Hi all!

Back in the late 90’s with the YJ I did quite a bit of research into swapping the stock Jeep engine with a Chevy SB 350 and seemed like lots of people were doing it (I didn’t have the know how or cash to drop on that, so never did it). I dropped off the Jeep world until very recently and was wondering if you JL owners have done this same swap? As fun as it would be to simply get the 392 Rubicon, I can’t see spending 77,000 plus tax on it. I now have the know how (well...would need a little instruction and suggestions) and the cash available to do the swap to a basic used JL. Only dilemma now is getting it approved by my wife. ;)

So...anyone doing this out there?
Youtube shows several V8 swaps but what is real interesting is there seems to be a consensus that installing a GM LS series motor is easier. We all know (I'm a mopar head) that the LS is almost indestructible so this seems like a real good option.

If you're going to do a new hemi swap, I'll say prayers as soon as you start! Buy the Rubicon 392 and you'll be much happier, other items are upgraded including the frame, etc.

Good luck with your decision and the WAP! (Wife approval process)

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Never thought of the GMC swap. Good to know thanks! And never thought of checking YouTube. The older I get the easier it is to forget these kinds of things!

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!