Sponsored

Suspension upgrades for better driving?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Many on this forum have said the Falcon 3.3 shocks adjustability have improved on road comfort. Run them on soft settings, 2 or 3 on road, then stiffen the setting for off-road. These are on my want list.
Wouldn't you want to run it opposite? Firm for road and soft off-road?
Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Wouldn't you want to run it opposite? Firm for road and soft off-road?
No. Firm for off-road to avoid bottoming out. Soft for on-road, for sucking up bumps, cracks, little objects so you don't feel them. If firm for on-road, you will still feel all of these.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No. Firm for off-road to avoid bottoming out. Soft for on-road, for sucking up bumps, cracks, little objects so you don't feel them. If firm for on-road, you will still feel all of these.
We're talking about a steering stabilizer, not shocks. I mean, do what you want, but running it soft on the road is not going to help people that aren't happy with their steering performance.

Blackwing 55

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR , 05 5.9 Dodge , 2014 Goldwing
So Ill admit I never test drove the jeep I ordered. Ive been in a jeep, never drove one. I never test drove my 1st car (2005 Tacoma) or my 2nd car (2005 IS300). But I liked them both!

Anyway, Ive gotten used to the stiff, racing like suspension and steering of my IS300 and I kind of like it. I felt like my Tacomas suspension was good and I didnt feel a lot of road unless I hit a hole somewhere.

Anyone recommend a suspension upgrade to make the 2019 4Door Rubicon smooth? I plan to take this vehicle out to the trails. Maybe 10-20% of the time but it will be my daily driver to and from work in the city 80-90% of the time.

I dont plan on any upgrades...yet...but I just want to get a good, comfortable ride each day. Is this possible with the jeep?

Haters...go on and hate, its ok, I'm not sensitive. Helpful people, thank you in advance!
The first and best surprise I got when I drove my new JLUR home was the ride quality and comfort, you'll like it.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
We're talking about a steering stabilizer, not shocks. I mean, do what you want, but running it soft on the road is not going to help people that aren't happy with their steering performance.
The thread is SUSPENSION upgrades. I'm not talking to you on your off topic steering stabilizers, I'm talking to the OP's main question, SUSPENSION. Shocks are suspension, steering stabilizers are steering. Look back, I replied to the main topic, then you went on a tangent of steering stabilizers, not sure why.
Sponsored

Last edited: