Sponsored

Suspension sagging due to added weight - spacer lift or.....?

lostdownsouth

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUD
In the next few weeks, I'll have a new Metalcloak kit installed on my 21 JLURD and I'll have all the OEM stuff pulled off and ready to sell. My JLURD had every option including the metal bumpers so there shouldn't be a beefier kit out there pulled off stock.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
In the next few weeks, I'll have a new Metalcloak kit installed on my 21 JLURD and I'll have all the OEM stuff pulled off and ready to sell. My JLURD had every option including the metal bumpers so there shouldn't be a beefier kit out there pulled off stock.
Should be a great setup for those wanting a decent lift without all the coin :)

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
I'm all good here. Just waiting on my OME order to arrive :)

lostdownsouth

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUD
Completed. A lot higher than expected for a 2.5" lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Suspension sagging due to added weight - spacer lift or.....? IMG_2396

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Completed. A lot higher than expected for a 2.5" lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Suspension sagging due to added weight - spacer lift or.....? IMG_2396
Nice! Now you just need bigger tires :)
Your take off suspension parts should sell quick!

Sponsored

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ride is so so nice. Soaks up bumps like they aren't there. I was able to hot double speed bumps at damn near 50mph with it taking it like a champ.

Gotta adjust my sway bar endlinks tomorrow but after that I'm all set.

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for you guys: OME recommended their 1" bumpstop extension in the rear, which I did install, but there was no recommendation for front extensions unless you run their 3" kit. I have the 2". Am I at any danger with the OEM front bumpstops?

If it changes anything, I plan to do a fender chop, gutting the inner fender liner for some Paramount inner fender liners (more clearance than stock).

Still interested to know what the deal is though.

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Question for you guys: OME recommended their 1" bumpstop extension in the rear, which I did install, but there was no recommendation for front extensions unless you run their 3" kit. I have the 2". Am I at any danger with the OEM front bumpstops?

If it changes anything, I plan to do a fender chop, gutting the inner fender liner for some Paramount inner fender liners (more clearance than stock).

Still interested to know what the deal is though.
Bumpstop extensions either protect wheel wells from tires smashing into them or, more importantly, shocks from being overcompressed and destroyed. I would think OME knows what they're doing, but you could look up the compressed length of your new shocks and compare it to OEM to see if it's any shorter. Or find something to flex on and very slowly stuff a wheel up and make sure the shock doesn't hit its minimum stop.

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I will have to test it out. OME and Synergy have different takes on it and nobody knows for sure. Currently out of town but once I get back I need to install my new seat bar endlinks and I'll be ready to test it out :)

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am late to this but I had a rear sag with my 2.5 lift when I lightened up the front with the aluminum bumper and load up the rear stuff. At first we tried spacer but when I went to 37s I changed the rear springs to 4" ones. I love that you have the same awning as me.
Death Valley Jeep 3.jpg

OP
OP
SlickRickMotoADV

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am late to this but I had a rear sag with my 2.5 lift when I lightened up the front with the aluminum bumper and load up the rear stuff. At first we tried spacer but when I went to 37s I changed the rear springs to 4" ones. I love that you have the same awning as me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Suspension sagging due to added weight - spacer lift or.....? Death Valley Jeep 3
You're the first person I've ever seen with it other than myself. It really is one of the best. All my friends are jealous when they see how it needs no poles, ever. The speed of deployment and breakdown makes it so easy to use compared to anything else out there. Worth every penny!

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You're the first person I've ever seen with it other than myself. It really is one of the best. All my friends are jealous when they see how it needs no poles, ever. The speed of deployment and breakdown makes it so easy to use compared to anything else out there. Worth every penny!
By far the strongest and easiest awning to use on the market, love mine. Well now there are at least two of us. Talked to Bush and they said the sidewall screens should be coming here in the future.
Sponsored