Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
I've been very happy with my stock JL Rubi. It's proven itself very well. So well in fact, it's the first wrangler I haven't had a genuine need to modify it. Bigger tires would be nice but totally not needed.

I ran 35's on my TJ Unlimited. 37's on my JK 6.1 Hemi. LOVED THAT ONE (my main reason for ordering a 392 Wrangler).

So my confusion and therefor questions has to do with the 392. It comes with a 2" lift. From what I can gather it's for a combination of the new drive train weight and clearance of components. The questions come from that.

What gives it that 2" lift? Will new or different lift kits now be needed over the offered lift kits out there?

With the traditional Rubicon JL, a 2.5" lift is needed for 37's. No lift for 35's.

Will the 392 still work right out of the box for 35's? What will be needed for 37's.

One thing for sure, the 392 deserves (dare I say NEEDS?) bigger tires. It just does.

I realize it's all speculation at the moment but I'm planning nonetheless. I'd kinda like to go whatever route I decide from day one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've been very happy with my stock JL Rubi. It's proven itself very well. So well in fact, it's the first wrangler I haven't had a genuine need to modify it. Bigger tires would be nice but totally not needed.

I ran 35's on my TJ Unlimited. 37's on my JK 6.1 Hemi. LOVED THAT ONE (my main reason for ordering a 392 Wrangler).

So my confusion and therefor questions has to do with the 392. It comes with a 2" lift. From what I can gather it's for a combination of the new drive train weight and clearance of components. The questions come from that.

What gives it that 2" lift? Will new or different lift kits now be needed over the offered lift kits out there?

With the traditional Rubicon JL, a 2.5" lift is needed for 37's. No lift for 35's.

Will the 392 still work right out of the box for 35's? What will be needed for 37's.

One thing for sire, the 392 deserves (dare I say NEEDS?) bigger tires. It just does.

I realize it's all speculation at the moment but I'm planning nonetheless. I'd kinda like to go whatever route I decide from day one.
I don't think we know if the control arms mount exactly the same yet. I'm betting different rate front springs at least will be in order.

OP
OP
TheMike

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I’m for sure wanting to go to 35’s. I personally think it’s proportionate. It deserves a little more meat.

I’m hoping, like the regular JL Rubicons, 35’s can mount without any modifications for full suspension use.

If I get the hair to go 37’s that the real question.....what’s going to be different in comparison to normal Rubicons.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’m for sure wanting to go to 35’s. I personally think it’s proportionate. It deserves a little more meat.

I’m hoping, like the regular JL Rubicons, 35’s can mount without any modifications for full suspension use.

If I get the hair to go 37’s that the real question.....what’s going to be different in comparison to normal Rubicons.
37s will definitely fit though they may rub the control arms at full lock with the factory rims. I installed my 37s on my Rubicon (with 3.5" of backspacing) before lifting it and ran it for a couple weeks. It fit but there's no way you could go off-road without doing some cutting. It should be fine with the lift though you may need some different wheels or spacers.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

One thing for sire, the 392 deserves (dare I say NEEDS?) bigger tires. It just does.

All indications show mopar 2” lift. The Granite one in press release is running 35s but 11.50s. If you go aftermarket rims don’t believe you would need anything to slap 37s on

Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Does anyone have an idea of the backspacing on the the 17x7.5 bead lock rims listed? Is it the 6+” of the stock Rubi rims?

The bead locks that you can purchase from Mopar are listed as 17x8 with 4.5” of backspacing which should work with the Mopar lift.

I don’t know why they just wouldn’t use the 17x8 rims with 4.5” BS they already had available since its coming with the Mopar lift standard 🤷🏻‍♂️.

There is only one 35x11.5 inch tire in production and it doesn’t suit everyone’s needs. Sounds like a dropped ball on Jeep’s part.

As everyone, I’m looking to upsize to 35 or 37” immediately and wanting to know if the rims will need to be upgraded to do so and be able to Offroad with full flex and no suspension rubbing.

m5guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 & 23 392, 23 JT, BMW M5, BMW X7, Denali 3500
As everyone, I’m looking to upsize to 35 or 37” immediately and wanting to know if the rims will need to be upgraded to do so and be able to Offroad with full flex and no suspension rubbing.
Same for me - 37's on day one. Running a 17x9 with +18 offset and 37" KO2's (which are really more like 36's)... Anxious to see if those wheels will work or if axle width/clearance has changed dramatically.

Will have to bolt them on day one and see. Suspect a few more inches of lift will be required, especially after a winch and some armor added.

OP
OP
TheMike

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
...Will have to bolt them on day one and see. Suspect a few more inches of lift will be required, especially after a winch and some armor added.
That's the route of my initial question. It's already got 2" of lift. I'm really hoping it won't need any more to run 37's. That rim is 7.5" wide, 8" when in the beadlock configuration. Don't know about backspacing though so no knowledge if they'll work after mounting 37's with the beadlock ring or not. It won't be too long before we know one way or another.

m5guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the route of my initial question. It's already got 2" of lift. I'm really hoping it won't need any more to run 37's. That rim is 7.5" wide, 8" when in the beadlock configuration. Don't know about backspacing though so no knowledge if they'll work after mounting 37's with the beadlock ring or not. It won't be too long before we know one way or another.
The other thing that I assume will be the same but not certain is front frame rails. Was going to order the winch plate for a Zeon Platinum 10K-S but a little hesitant. Unless someone has some inside info... Figuring we're going to bring it home, 37's, lift and winch day one.

OP
OP
TheMike

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The other thing that I assume will be the same but not certain is front frame rails. Was going to order the winch plate for a Zeon Platinum 10K-S but a little hesitant. Unless someone has some inside info... Figuring we're going to bring it home, 37's, lift and winch day one.
Like you on a lot of things! I've got the same winch, some lights, and a few other gizmo's all ready to order up but hesitant. The winch plate from mopar shows it fitting a 2021 Rubicon. No mention of hemi version. I may just have to take that chance.

Sponsored

m5guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like you on a lot of things! I've got the same winch, some lights, and a few other gizmo's all ready to order up but hesitant. The winch plate from mopar shows it fitting a 2021 Rubicon. No mention of hemi version. I may just have to take that chance.
Wonder if any of the aftermarket companies have had advanced access to the 392's. Warn, Rough Country, RE, Tera, skyjacker, etc. Might have to call Warn customer service before I order and see if they have an opinion... Can't wait to install, but then go USE. Looking forward to getting stuck.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume also since comes with standard steel bumper group code.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
All indications show mopar 2” lift. The Granite one in press release is running 35s but 11.50s. If you go aftermarket rims don’t believe you would need anything to slap 37s on

Rick - a bit of a side question, I noticed you have the Dirty Life 9303 DT-1 wheels on your rig. I was looking at those this week as they have one which may match the bronze accents of the 392 if I need to upgrade wheels for 35-37" tires. How do you like them and would you purchase the brand again?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Rick - a bit of a side question, I noticed you have the Dirty Life 9303 DT-1 wheels on your rig. I was looking at those this week as they have one which may match the bronze accents of the 392 if I need to upgrade wheels for 35-37" tires. How do you like them and would you purchase the brand again?
Hey Ted. I like them and would definitely buy again. I am running the fake ring however can be converted to a true beadlock ring. @Roky is running true beadlock and believe he has had no issues. I really like the design. I have 37 Nitto RGs mounted and they balanced well. Don’t think you would be disappointed. Can’t wait to see the 392s start hitting the streets.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
This is actually one of the reasons I held off on the 392, and decided to go for a second year model. I literally just finsihed our JLUR this summer the way I want it. Initial plan was to trade in and swap everything over, but still no clue what will interchange. I have after market rear bumper, front steel with that same winch. Inner fenders, highlines with AAL, and on and on.
Sponsored