Sponsored

Suspension Lift Kit (Spacers vs Springs)

Tahoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 2019 Moab. I'm going to do a 2.5" Suspension lift. Plan is to keep stock tires until I wear them out, and then upgrade to 35" tires.
I do bunch of roadtrips and camping, plan to off road, but nothing extreme. FYI, it's also my daily driver.

Question for everyone is:

What will determine if I should go with the suspension lift w/ spacers vs suspension lift w/ springs?
Pros/Cons of each?

Everyone's input is appreciated!
Sponsored

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I have the 2019 Moab. I'm going to do a 2.5" Suspension lift. Plan is to keep stock tires until I wear them out, and then upgrade to 35" tires.
I do bunch of roadtrips and camping, plan to off road, but nothing extreme. FYI, it's also my daily driver.

Question for everyone is:

What will determine if I should go with the suspension lift w/ spacers vs suspension lift w/ springs?
Pros/Cons of each?

Everyone's input is appreciated!
If you plan on upgrading new bumpers, winch, any armor, and large spare I would opt for spring lift kit. If you don't plan on adding much weight and doing light/ medium offloading then a spacer lift will be fine. I've had both and currently running the RC 2.5 spacer lift on my JL. Honestly happy with it so far. Rides like stock and pretty complete kit for the cost.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Agreed. You only need the spring kit for 3 reasons:
1: You don't like your stock ride, and want springs that will change the feel of your ride/handling.
2: You're going to equip a lot of weight which will cause the stock springs to sag.
3: You do serious off roading where you need better/more suspension travel.

Otherwise spacers are fine. I don't meet any of the 3 above reasons, so I installed the Daystar 2" kit on my Sahara. Actually one of my requirements for a lift was that the ride was as comfortable, or better, than the stock configuration. The spacer kit allowed me to retain the stock ride.
Sponsored