First Name
Oreste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hello guys.

NEWBIE HERE! 2021 RUBICON UNLIMITED

Happy Hump day. Looking on some feedback for suspension lift on my Rubi. Will be outfitting with 35" BFG KO2, & FUEL VAPOR WHEELS 17" wheels. Would you guys recommend a FOX STEERING STABILZER or TEREAFLEX as well?

It's my DD. Will use for light to moderate trails at most. Debating betweeen MOPAR LIFT, AEV or any other SUSPENSIONS LIFTS you can recommend?

And what other parts do you recommend if i do install the lift. ie, DO A "NEED" AN ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR? Any input of any kind will be appreciated.

PLEASE BOMB ME WITH INPUT & FEEDBACK. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you think 35" tires is as big as you'll ever go, and that moderate trails are as much as you'll get into, I'd just install 1" spacers from Teraflex all around and call it a day. Many people run that size tire with no lift. I did the 35's with the 1" spacers for about 6 months and did several difficult trails that way and it honestly performed very well. At that point I had made no other changes to the suspension/shocks/etc.

I'm now off the deep end with mods/tires/etc. and while its been fun and allowed me to do even more difficult trails, it certainly comes with more headaches.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys.

NEWBIE HERE! 2021 RUBICON UNLIMITED

Happy Hump day. Looking on some feedback for suspension lift on my Rubi. Will be outfitting with 35" BFG KO2, & FUEL VAPOR WHEELS 17" wheels. Would you guys recommend a FOX STEERING STABILZER or TEREAFLEX as well?

It's my DD. Will use for light to moderate trails at most. Debating betweeen MOPAR LIFT, AEV or any other SUSPENSIONS LIFTS you can recommend?

And what other parts do you recommend if i do install the lift. ie, DO A "NEED" AN ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR? Any input of any kind will be appreciated.

PLEASE BOMB ME WITH INPUT & FEEDBACK. Thanks in advance.
I went with the Mopar 2.0 Lift with Fox Shocks. Toyo Open Country 35's and Vapor Fuel Wheels.

I drove Jeep stock for few days and it drove straight as an arrow and nice on-road and highway speeds. My Dealership did my installs so I have the warranty.

Picked Jeep up after installs and drove straight as an arrow just like stock. Asked fellow experienced Jeeper about Steering Stabilizer but his suggestion was since it's driving good and no issues just wait and put some miles on Jeep. New Rubicons have come a long way in how they are built.

The Rubicon comes with Heavy-duty Stabilizer anyway. I have a 2019 Sahara and you can tell the size difference and how Rubicon handles.

Congrats and Enjoy !!! :like: :jk:

20210319_105627.jpg

OP
OP
Odogloco

Odogloco

First Name
Oreste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
If you think 35" tires is as big as you'll ever go, and that moderate trails are as much as you'll get into, I'd just install 1" spacers from Teraflex all around and call it a day. Many people run that size tire with no lift. I did the 35's with the 1" spacers for about 6 months and did several difficult trails that way and it honestly performed very well. At that point I had made no other changes to the suspension/shocks/etc.

I'm now off the deep end with mods/tires/etc. and while its been fun and allowed me to do even more difficult trails, it certainly comes with more headaches.
Thank you so much for the feedback. What headaches have you personally experienced, byside the Just Empty Every Pocket slogan?

OP
OP
Odogloco

Odogloco

First Name
Oreste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I went with the Mopar 2.0 Lift with Fox Shocks. Toyo Open Country 35's and Vapor Fuel Wheels.

I drove Jeep stock for few days and it drove straight as an arrow and nice on-road and highway speeds. My Dealership did my installs so I have the warranty.

Picked Jeep up after installs and drove straight as an arrow just like stock. Asked fellow experienced Jeeper about Steering Stabilizer but his suggestion was since it's driving good and no issues just wait and put some miles on Jeep. New Rubicons have come a long way in how they are built.

The Rubicon comes with Heavy-duty Stabilizer anyway. I have a 2019 Sahara and you can tell the size difference and how Rubicon handles.

Jeep Wrangler JL SUSPENSION LIFT KIT ADVICE 2021 RUBICON UNLIMITED 20210319_105627
She looks Awesome!!!!! Thanks for feedback!! Are those 20" wheels?

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much for the feedback. What headaches have you personally experienced, byside the Just Empty Every Pocket slogan?
Its the never ending chain reaction. You get big tires, that leads to taller suspension, then your steering needs beefed up, you are no longer satisfied with the drivability so you regear the axles, then you twist your axle shafts offroading so you get chromoly shafts in the rear and RCV's in the front, your driveshaft tears a boot and loses all its grease so you replace the driveshafts, you need a heavy duty solution for carrying your large spare tire, you put on skid plates that make it tough to service the transfer case and transmission so those go off and on, you put on LOD Destroyer sliders thinking they should hold up and act as a good step but then they fail on the trail and you have creased body panels on both sides of the vehicle, so you put on body armor you never wanted and get different sliders (and body repair), you go to beadlocks to solve clearance issues offroading and end up wearing out your ball joints pretty quickly, you keep pancaking your exhaust outlet so you put on a high tuck exhaust, etc. etc. etc.

And so many things you put on need regular greasing and servicing that you didn't have before.

A good amount of this is from vulnerabilities exposed while offroading, or issues caused from offroading, but it honestly all starts with the decision to go to bigger tires. I take very good care of my Jeep but it admittedly takes more abuse from trails than most Jeeps will see.

I'd do it all over again, but these things can get out of hand quickly as it seems every mod almost necessitates another mod to overcome something caused by the previous mod.

35" tires in my opinion are the sweet spot if you don't want to chase the rabbit down the hole. As for me, I'm a gluten for punishment and plan to go to 40" tires later this year which will mean swapping axles and all the unknown to me yet problems that come with it.

My Jeep page

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/showcase/marky3130.1236/

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Its the never ending chain reaction. You get big tires, that leads to taller suspension, then your steering needs beefed up, you are no longer satisfied with the drivability so you regear the axles, then you twist your axle shafts offroading so you get chromoly shafts in the rear and RCV's in the front, your driveshaft tears a boot and loses all its grease so you replace the driveshafts, you need a heavy duty solution for carrying your large spare tire, you put on skid plates that make it tough to service the transfer case and transmission so those go off and on, you put on LOD Destroyer sliders thinking they should hold up and act as a good step but then they fail on the trail and you have creased body panels on both sides of the vehicle, so you put on body armor you never wanted and get different sliders (and body repair), you go to beadlocks to solve clearance issues offroading and end up wearing out your ball joints pretty quickly, you keep pancaking your exhaust outlet so you put on a high tuck exhaust, etc. etc. etc.

And so many things you put on need regular greasing and servicing that you didn't have before.

A good amount of this is from vulnerabilities exposed while offroading, or issues caused from offroading, but it honestly all starts with the decision to go to bigger tires. I take very good care of my Jeep but it admittedly takes more abuse from trails than most Jeeps will see.

I'd do it all over again, but these things can get out of hand quickly as it seems every mod almost necessitates another mod to overcome something caused by the previous mod.

35" tires in my opinion are the sweet spot if you don't want to chase the rabbit down the hole. As for me, I'm a gluten for punishment and plan to go to 40" tires later this year which will mean swapping axles and all the unknown to me yet problems that come with it.

My Jeep page

Well, Damn. Sounds like it's more of a pain in the ass to really do the Big Rock trails like the Rubicon Trail I just looked at. Barlow Adventure group has a list of what your Jeep needs to have to make the 22-mile trail. I have been on minor trails but would like to go do more harder trails but not at the damage you seem to know about. Damn dude !! :(

OP
OP
Odogloco

Odogloco

First Name
Oreste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler

My Jeep page

Beautiful rig!!! I will heed your advice and stick to 35’s! Good luck with your next mod.
thanks fir feedback.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, Damn. Sounds like it's more of a pain in the ass to really do the Big Rock trails like the Rubicon Trail I just looked at. Barlow Adventure group has a list of what your Jeep needs to have to make the 22-mile trail. I have been on minor trails but would like to go do more harder trails but not at the damage you seem to know about. Damn dude !! :(
Even within harder trails you typically have options on lines/obstacles. For example, I followed a group of Jeeps way more built than mine (the one in front of me had an LS swap, one ton axles, and 40" tires) on Metal Masher trail in Moab last fall. I was excited to tag along thinking we were going to have an eventful day. I was at the very back of the group at the start of the day, and I watched as the 5-6 Jeeps did their very best to drive around the obstacles. I couldn't believe it. Once they saw I kept taking on the obstacles they let me move to the front so they could watch. I respectfully declined the Widow Maker obstacle though, that thing is insane.

Point being, you can still do a lot of the harder trails, even with a group, without having to do obstacles you aren't comfortable doing. Even the new Bronco made it through the Rubicon trail!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Odogloco

Odogloco

First Name
Oreste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler

20210319_105627.jpg

[/QUOTE
Thanks, yes 20x10 Wheels Tires 35/12.50/20
Hello and happy Sunday. What offset are you running on the wheels? Can you send some pics showing how much the tires stick out from the fenders as well please. Thank you in advance

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hello there. Hope all is well. What running boards are those on your rig?
Those are the Mopar Performance Rock Rails from what I can tell.
Jeep Wrangler JL SUSPENSION LIFT KIT ADVICE 2021 RUBICON UNLIMITED 440741C4-D271-43D0-B4CC-493DFE28DEB4

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for reply.
No problem. Didn’t mean to jump in. If interested in picking up a set keep an eye open here on member marketplace or on FB marketplace. They pop up for sale every now and then. I grabbed mine on local FB for pretty cheap compared to buying new.
Sponsored