Sponsored

Suspected Scam call about Jeep Survey

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Has anyone else on this forum got a call/voice message about doing a focus group/survey on the Jeep Wrangler from someone saying their name is Wendy and calling from the cell phone number (714)499-3598 recently?

Just got the message, and she says she's offering $175 for my trouble to help out with a focus group via remote (phone in maybe?).

Checked the phone number on Google and found others who had gotten similar calls about doing a Ford focus group and a Lincoln focus group, but they were only offered $150.

Smells like a Scam to me, just wondering if anyone else has gotten a call.

Best,
-Tim
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Before the internet, I would get paid to attend focus groups on all sorts of things. Paid in cash. Nice little earner.

If you think its a scam, open a second bank account with your bank, with a balance of $1 so thats all they can steal.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Sounds more like a market research company that serves various automakers to me. Did they ask you for credit card, bank, or social security info? Why do you think it’s a scam?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There’s nothing in that message that looks suspicious to me.

Automakers regularly hire market research firms to conduct focus groups.

PS - it doesn’t mean the research is being commissioned by Jeep or FCA. It could be Ford doing research ahead of the Bronco launch, or any other automaker trying to crack the “Wrangler code.”

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Speaking from personal experience, that’s not typically how identity thieves work. They don’t play the long game and leave messages for you to call them back. You don’t know anything about them or that you’ve been victimized until it’s too late.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
My wife and I get hit up for these focus group surveys every time we buy a new car it seems. If you can spare the time and are chosen, it’s easy money. We’ve done a few.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I did one in person once too. They were asking about Ford Fusion (which we recently bought), Toyota Camry, Chevy, Honda type sedans, how they looked inside & out etc. What I would change all that. I had no opinion. I didn’t care. It doesn’t matter what those cars look like. So I had to make it all up, it was very stressful.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
That’s why this forum is great. I like Tim would have been skeptical because there’s so many dirtbags out there. Now I’d feel more comfortable if it happened to me.