Surprisingly high 4xe lease quote, Help me keep my dealer honest

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Help me keep my dealer honest. This is a dealer where we've bought 6 cars from in the last 5 years, including a Wrangler back in 2014.

Wife's lease on her charger is up in two months and we want to order a Sahara 4xe.

Firecracker Red
Dark Saddle Brown Leather Interior
Dual Top Group
Remote Start System
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Safety Group
Cold Weather Group
Trailer-Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
All Weather Floor Mats
Hard Top Headliner
Stainless Door Sill Guards

MSRP $57,140

Dealer quoted $57,140 (sticker) - $7500 "rebate" (tax credit), 36m/10k lease, zero out of pocket, $650 per month. I'm feeling with what I'm reading/hearing, that this is high, and personally didn't expect it. My 2019 Ram that was $60,000 MSRP was $568 / month with zero out of pocket, 12k miles per year, and a lower residual than what I'm seeing on the 4xe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Additional Info:

The breakout on the quote is that the lease depreciation makes up $324 of the quote, yet the lease charge makes up the other $325 of the quote - this seems strange that the lease charge is that much compared to the deprecation. Almost like the lease rate (factor) is really high!

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Additional Info:

The breakout on the quote is that the lease depreciation makes up $324 of the quote, yet the lease charge makes up the other $325 of the quote - this seems strange that the lease charge is that much compared to the deprecation. Almost like the lease rate (factor) is really high!
Issue is they're at the very least charging you MSRP. The folks here getting strong lease quotes are getting 5-7% below invoice BEFORE the dealer applies the $7500 rebate that is passed along from CCAP. My guess is they're also marking up the money factor (interest rate) on the lease.

Suggest ordering through one of the many forum dealers that aren't charging full pop for one of these and get a breakdown of numbers based on the lease rates on the day you order. They'll change a bit by the time it arrives, but you'll have a rough order of magnitude.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
You could ask them to confirm the residual and money factor. That would allow us to figure what is going on. It would also show them that you are more informed about leases than the average person.

Their response would be a good litmus test. I know you have history with this dealer. Personally I always avoid dealers who are hesitant to share that info right away when I ask. To be honest the MSRP thing is a bit of a turn off too. You’d think they’d be willing to work with a repeat customer on a custom build to keep them happy.

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
See the breakout sheet below. Residual is calculating at 73% ($41,712.20/$57,140). Not sure of the lease factor (not on this sheet), but based on the numbers on this paper, I can't figure out how they get even close to $325.81 in lease charge.

Sponsored

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
See the breakout sheet below. Residual is calculating at 73% ($41,712.20/$57,140). Not sure of the lease factor (not on this sheet), but based on the numbers on this paper, I can't figure out how they get even close to $325.81 in lease charge.
That sounds like they're using Ally for the lease instead of CCAP. Ally has a much higher residual than CCAP (36/10 is 73% with Ally vs. 66% with CCAP) and in return they also charge a MUCH higher money factor - .00203 with CCAP for 36/10 vs. .00316 with Ally. My guess is they're charging you full MSRP and that is why the quote is so high.

Also, maybe just me, but I can't see the breakout.

rkoco321

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK
Try applying for a tread lightly affiliate code.

https://treadlightly.org/

That'll get you 1% under invoice 30 days after you join at the 100 dollar level.

With that being considered, it's also important to look up how incentives are calculated in your state.

For instance, in NY, you pay taxes on the entire lease pre incentive.

Finally, ask your dealer to shop rates through Ally and Chrysler Capital. I surmise this is a Chrysler Capital quote.

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I just found out that the wrangler 4xe qualifies for Chrysler Affiliate which I have a control code for already - back in Jan of this year it didn't, but now it does.

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
This won't be 100% right, since I don't know all your fees in OH (though my wife is from CLE, so I know some of it), but using the ally rates and a sale price at MSRP I get this with zero drive off.

leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Jeep&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=57140&sales_price=57140&months=36&mf=.00316&dp=0&dealer_fee=250&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=7500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=73&reg_fee=250&sales_tax=8.825&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&totalLeaseTax_radio=true&bmw_demo_25=true&dealerFee_check=false&govFee_check=false

By contrast, here is what my lease would look like with Ally (assuming WA fees):
leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Jeep&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=55525&sales_price=49200&months=36&mf=.00316&dp=0&dealer_fee=150&acq_fee=0&taxed_inc=7500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=73&reg_fee=791&sales_tax=10.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&cap_tax=true&bmw_demo_25=true&dealerFee_check=false&govFee_check=false

Biggest difference? I'm getting an 11% discount off MSRP vs your MSRP price.

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
This is the sheet I forgot to attach

64097656893__AEAF6971-DDE0-442A-A8A4-6FE98B75F22D (1).jpeg

Sponsored

rkoco321

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK
So yeah they're going off MSRP pretty much. Did you provide them with your affiliate?

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
This is the sheet I forgot to attach

Jeep Wrangler JL Surprisingly high 4xe lease quote, Help me keep my dealer honest 64097656893__AEAF6971-DDE0-442A-A8A4-6FE98B75F22D (1)
My advice would be to go somewhere else - not only paying full MSRP but also a lot of fees.

I'm sure someone will pipe in with a dealer near you at around 5-7% under invoice. Or you can search the forum too on the other threads about it.

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
So yeah they're going off MSRP pretty much. Did you provide them with your affiliate?
I just did as I just found out about it here while searching - back in Jan/Feb when we decided on the 4xe, it wasn't available - just found out it is --- but I'm still concerned with the pricing overall anyway.

rkoco321

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK
I just did as I just found out about it here while searching - back in Jan/Feb when we decided on the 4xe, it wasn't available - just found out it is --- but I'm still concerned with the pricing overall anyway.
Pricing is subjective based on your experience with the dealer.

If you like patronizing the business and they honor your affiliate, I think it's worth considering. It's your money.

If you want to shop around, that's your right and I think you should.

My local dealer didn't want to accept the affiliate code on the 4xE, and I've bought multiple Jeep from them. Also, I recently had a terrible experience with them in the service department with my current Jeep, so this motivated me to start shopping around.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
MSRP is the killer. Dealer fee should be capped at $250 with a $35 gov fee for PHEV registration is my understanding.
Sponsored