First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Thanks, I think the Faraday bag will work, that way someone can't just walk up open the door and start it.

Now - I also have a whistling noise it seems from the driver's side mirror (took hard top panels off for a bit, still there) - I've read through a few threads but no fix. It looks like the mirror is maybe just off a a bit where the outside of it is snapped together. Any ideas?
I've got a ton of ideas. You could say I'm kind of an idea person. None of my ideas have anything to do with rearview mirrors though. Good luck.
Sponsored

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
Can’t you run proximity entry off in uconnect? I don’t have proximity on my Jeep but I do on an older mpar and was able to do so. Then I took the metal key out with me. I looked at a Jeep manual online and it looks like it can be turned off. Worth a try?

Of course you would have to take your metal key out of the fob if that worked.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
My board shorts usually have a little bungee loop in the back pocket. I've always had a small waterproof bag attached to it and tucked in my pocket. Haven't ever lost one...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Can’t you run proximity entry off in uconnect? I don’t have proximity on my Jeep but I do on an older mpar and was able to do so. Then I took the metal key out with me. I looked at a Jeep manual online and it looks like it can be turned off. Worth a try?

Of course you would have to take your metal key out of the fob if that worked.
@SurfJeep

As far as I know, with the JL/JT, no...... you cannot turn off proximity in UConnect.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
My board shorts usually have a little bungee loop in the back pocket. I've always had a small waterproof bag/wallet attached to it and tucked in my pocket. Haven't ever lost one...
Yeah, I've done that, but I'm always worried with it, same with a wetsuit. To be honest, I usually surf/kite right in front of my Jeep anyways, so it's not that big of a deal. Just wondering what people did.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I wasn’t sure, that’s why I looked at the manual. If what I’m reading is corrrect, it looks like it should be possible.
@SurfJeep

I'll check tomorrow... I know you can change setting so both driver's and passenger door unlock or just the driver's door..... but in the same UConnect settings I don't remember seeing the option to turn off Proximity.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks, I think the Faraday bag will work, that way someone can't just walk up open the door and start it.

Now - I also have a whistling noise it seems from the driver's side mirror (took hard top panels off for a bit, still there) - I've read through a few threads but no fix. It looks like the mirror is maybe just off a a bit where the outside of it is snapped together. Any ideas?
There’s a TSB on a foam piece that seals the windshield that can get a fold in it. Fix is to drop the windshield and straighten it out.

Sponsored

21 Willys

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys Sarge Green
I've got a ton of ideas. You could say I'm kind of an idea person. None of my ideas have anything to do with rearview mirrors though. Good luck.
Get a faraday bag as others have suggested, then have a $3.00 key cut. Put the key fob in the faraday and hide it inside of your Jeep, then either take the $3.00 key with you or hide it on the outside of the Jeep. It will only unlock the door and not allow the Jeep to be cranked. By hiding the faraday bag inside, if someone does find the key that you hid outside, they still cannot start your Jeep.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Get a faraday bag as others have suggested, then have a $3.00 key cut. Put the key fob in the faraday and hide it inside of your Jeep, then either take the $3.00 key with you or hide it on the outside of the Jeep. It will only unlock the door and not allow the Jeep to be cranked. By hiding the faraday bag inside, if someone does find the key that you hid outside, they still cannot start your Jeep.
Adding to this perfect suggestion, it's a good idea to store your keys at home in a faraday bag/box as well. It's not all that difficult to create a long-range RFID amplifier relay.

A thief can use such a relay to signal the key fob in the house, relay it to the Jeep so it thinks the fob is present, unlock the door, start the Jeep and drive off.

Faraday bags and boxes aren't special. Anything that fully encapsulates the fob in metal (solid or fine mesh) will block signals to & from the fob.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link