Superwinch ceases operations

Rigby

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubi OB
Apparently they're being taken over by Westin. I was very interested in getting their EXP winch but now holding off. Has anyone heard anything more about this?

https://superwinch.com/

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Effective February 22, 2019, Superwinch Group, Inc. ceased operations in Portland, OR. However, this is not the end of the Superwinch brand. Westin Automotive Products, Inc., headquartered in San Dimas, CA, is in the process of acquiring specific assets, IP rights, and branding of SUPERWINCH. Westin looks forward to re-establishing the Superwinch brand’s business relationships with our automotive and industrial partners and is eager to integrate SUPERWINCH with the Westin family of products.

During the transition process, SUPERWINCH will be unable to accept new orders, process warranty claims, or make inventory transactions of any kind. Customer service coverage may be limited as well, but we will do our best to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner. We would like to thank our loyal customers for standing by us through this process and hope to one day meet and exceed your expectations for the standards our brand has established over its many years.

Advertisement

allenn

First Name
Allen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
That sucks. I’ve had great luck out of badlands and two year warranty to go with it close to same in price. Thought I’d throw That out there for another option.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It seemed like something was going on with them. Tons of shops had no EXP stock.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Hmmm...Westin is a crap brand. Sucks b/c Superwinch makes (made?) a quality product. Hopefully the QC doesn't fall as a result of the buyout.
Westin actually makes good products. My Side-Steps are actually very good quality. I'd easily stack them up against anything LOD, ROAM, etc provide as far as quality and strength.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Well that sucks.

Advertisement

TopLift Pros

Advertisement