Supertop Ultra Bestop for JL

Thriller

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JL
I’m very discouraged with my new soft top from Bestop. Everything went smoothly from ordering it to receiving it faster then expected. Then the install happened....ugh! First, the bow #5 didn’t have all the holes drilled into it. It was missing the holes to attach the lift assist mechanism. Took me three phone calls to get another one shipped out to me. Got the bow installed finally and got everything else finished on the top. Then went to put the top completely up and the wheel on the driver side of the track system came completely out of the track. Unscrewed that bracket and reinstalled the wheel into the track and it came back out again. Thus far it has came out 6 times and I’ve only had the top installed for 24 hours!!!!! I’m so frustrated I want to return the whole damn soft top. I researched and got recommendations from FB group friends that said they love theirS and it’s the best top out there. So I bit the bullet and bought one and now I’m so very very regretting it! If anyone has any suggestions I’d greatly appreciate any. I’ll be calling Bestop on Tuesday asking for a return on the top. Even had a qualified installer look at it and he said that rail is bowed and defective. Two defective parts in one kit is way to much, who knows what would happen in the long run. I just want my money back and am posting this to get any help I can. I’m posting this on all the Jeep forums I’m a member of. I’m just so frustrated!! I hope Bestop customer service comes thru for me and that I can just chalk this up as a defective kit.
Sponsored

ejc2g

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon (soon)
I’m having issues with this as well.

Mine doesn’t want to easily close without having to force it in. Unlatching it is a huge task in itself with 2 people. I’m so disappointed in this top for the money. Bestop has been very slow to work with and get responses.

I also brought it to a local premier installer and they said it doesn’t make sense and can’t figure out what’s wrong. They emailed and waited on Bestops response and nothing.

OP
OP
Thriller

Thriller

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JL
I called Bestop first thing this morning and talked to a customer service rep. He wasn’t very friendly at all and didn’t say much when I told him the issues I’ve had and in my opinion rude for all that I’ve went thru installing this top. He did give me a return item number and is having Fed Ex pick it up at my house on Wednesday. Fingers crossed they refund all my money otherwise I’ll be calling them back again for the seventh time.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I called Bestop first thing this morning and talked to a customer service rep. He wasn’t very friendly at all and didn’t say much when I told him the issues I’ve had and in my opinion rude for all that I’ve went thru installing this top. He did give me a return item number and is having Fed Ex pick it up at my house on Wednesday. Fingers crossed they refund all my money otherwise I’ll be calling them back again for the seventh time.
Hi Jennifer,
I'm very sorry to hear this. If you think there's still room in your life for a Bestop soft top, please PM me your ticket number and contact info and I'll have someone reach out to you to see if we can make things right for you.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored