First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Okay so we are all thinking it. What are your thoughts on supercharging your 3.6 vs buying the 392?

I’m leaning towards buying the 392.
Sponsored

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
There is a 30k difference at least between those two models and the 392 doesn’t come with a manual transmission. Supercharging the v6 seems a little spotty but cost roughly 10k, If you have 77k (plus whatever markup the dealer adds) why would you even consider the v6?

OP
OP
JAY1941

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Because there’s money left over for other “ enhancements” 🤣

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Get the 392 an add a blower.

Sponsored

NomadicTaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If I could swing the price tag, I'd absolutely get the 392. I would be smitten over that

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I have a Ripp on my 08, installed a Ripp on a good friends 13, I also have a 392 on order. The superchargers work great for the price point and the 3.6 makes a lot of power with one. We run high altitude pulleys and mine is 13.9 pounds of boost.

That being said I don't think you can compare them with a 392 factory built Jeep. But they don't cost what a 392 does.

My buddy's 3.6 is a beast it sits on 37's and makes little over 300 hp on the dyno at sea level. It has been professionally tuned and does not use the caned tune.

I'm keeping the 08 for the hard core stuff since that's what its built for now but If I could only have one it would be the 392. Mostly comes down to can you justify spending that much on a Jeep. If yes get the 392 IMO.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I have a 3.6 manual, reasonably built (lift, shafts, steering, etc) and I have a Magnuson on it since September. Love the setup. But...I am thinking about selling along with another vehicle and trying to get into a 392.

OP
OP
JAY1941

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
I have a 3.6 manual, reasonably built (lift, shafts, steering, etc) and I have a Magnuson on it since September. Love the setup. But...I am thinking about selling along with another vehicle and trying to get into a 392.
Really, I was thinking about pulling the trigger but I couldn’t justify the price tag. I figured either a Range Rover or bmw at that price point. The ultimate decision was to have fun with the 3.6. I’ve been quietly waiting for kraftwerks to drop their sc for the jL.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Really, I was thinking about pulling the trigger but I couldn’t justify the price tag. I figured either a Range Rover or bmw at that price point. The ultimate decision was to have fun with the 3.6. I’ve been quietly waiting for kraftwerks to drop their sc for the jL.
I hear ya, but for some reasons neither of those pull at the heart strings the way a 392 would (for me). But I totally get it. Are you sold on kraftwerks or open to any other options for SC?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY1941

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
I hear ya, but for some reasons neither of those pull at the heart strings the way a 392 would (for me). But I totally get it. Are you sold on kraftwerks or open to any other options for SC?
KW hasn’t even dropped their kit yet, so I’m still researching. I get the pull to the 392, it’s an insane idea and I’m sure it’s a good time. How do you like the Mag sc? I’m thinking if I drop .80k on an off-roader it’s going to be a TRX.

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
KW hasn’t even dropped their kit yet, so I’m still researching. I get the pull to the 392, it’s an insane idea and I’m sure it’s a good time. How do you like the Mag sc? I’m thinking if I drop .80k on an off-roader it’s going to be a TRX.
I don’t know if you knew this… but you cannot walk into a Jeep dealer and order a Jeep 392. You will have to buy one in the aftermarket or luck into one that someone backed out of.

OP
OP
JAY1941

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
I don’t know if you knew this… but you cannot walk into a Jeep dealer and order a Jeep 392. You will have to buy one in the aftermarket or luck into one that someone backed out of.

Actually I hade one allocated very expensive and with a small mark up. But yes, the average consumer can’t just stroll in and get one. Unless you hit inventory delivery in the northeast… I had to call around but they are slowly trickling in.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
392 is fine if you’re shopping for a four-door. Unfortunately if you are a two door jeep person supercharging my 19 Rubicon is the way to go. I priced out a 392 conversion it just doesn’t seem worth it.

LTCBenLandry

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
392 is fine if you’re shopping for a four-door. Unfortunately if you are a two door jeep person supercharging my 19 Rubicon is the way to go. I priced out a 392 conversion it just doesn’t seem worth it.
I had a Magnuson supercharged manual JK. Such a blast to drive. I now have a 392….they both have the same size tires and rims, they really aren’t even on the same planet. The 392 is 200 times faster, quicker, louder etc. Completely satisfies my hunger for power. It’s truly one of the most awesome vehicles you could own. It wil smoke most vehicles on the road and then climb a mountain in the same trip. It’s fantastic.
Sponsored