Sponsored

SUP/Surfboard roof rack options???

mfflannery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the delay! Stampede in CA, close to Truckee.
Omg we stayed for a weekend in a cabin less than a mile away from there this past winter. Wanted to go see the reservoir but the road was full of snow and I don't have a winch yet so we didn't try.

Looks like I need a summer time redemption tour.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I like the hitch rack idea, but it seems expensive for what it is.

turelan

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I think that you need a base rack on your car, you can then mount accessories to the crossbars to carry just about anything. I am living in another country for some months and here in Thailand, I made a lot of friends from different parts of the world and I love it. I decided to try a new sport, in this quarantine, surfing. I didn't know anything about it but this site outdoorlifecafe.com, has a good guide in buying a good surfboard and many other useful pieces of information. It is an energy sport and it excited me a lot.

Last edited:

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Bumping up an old thread. Looking for a surf rack for a 2-door 2021 JL soft top.

Are hitchmount racks still the way to go?

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Bumping up an old thread. Looking for a surf rack for a 2-door 2021 JL soft top.

Are hitchmount racks still the way to go?
I sold my hitch mount. Lack of access to rear was a problem, and longer kayaks just stuck out too far. I went with Exposed Racks. Mount under soft top and always there. I can flip the top and snap in kayak “Y”s or straight bars and carry several Yaks or a dozen or more 4x8 sheets of plywood. Love it. Several threads on it here, or check the linkhttps://www.smsparts.com/
Sponsored