Sunshades

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Hello all, was wondering who had what, and what you'd change? My pick unless I learn better is the Jtop, I do like that it can stay on with my hardtop back on. thanks
Sponsored

T.Pigott

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon 2018 Grand Cherokee Overland HA
Occupation
Soldier
Vehicle Showcase

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I went with the hot head headliners sunshade for sky one touch. Very good quality item.

Decreasing Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURubicon XR
Occupation
Retired Federal LEO
I took a chance, with a little research, and ordered the Spiderweb Shade. I donā€™t even have my Jeep yet. šŸ˜‚

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I love my JTop! Keeps things surprisingly cool, parked with the top off all day at work and blocking some UV. To be fair though, it was given to me by a friend when he sold his JL.

Also nice with any sunshade to have some protection from the occasional mucus missile from birds flying over.

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Alien Shades. No need to remove them to put the Freedom panels back on.

--EDIT--

The Alien Shades are very well made and much better quality than the cheap no-name ones I purchased online prior to them.

Last edited:

Hale2016

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have the Jtopsusa and it's been great. My only real complaint is finding grab handles that fit well with it.

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Alien Shades. No need to remove them to put the Freedom panels back on.

--EDIT--

The Alien Shades are very well made and much better quality than the cheap no-name ones I purchased online prior to them.
I just bought a full length one... 20% off right now.

Ellebelle

First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevy volt
I bought a Shadeidea on prime day. Eventually Iā€™ll have a Jeep to go with it šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s ordered

Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Iā€™m revisiting this thread as spring is approaching and wanted to see other members opinions before I purchase one, Iā€™ve read online that some are versatile and can remain installed even whenā€™s your softtop goes back on, or hardtop for that matter which have gaps near the front rail to give access to the freedom panel locks
So here are the ones Iā€™ve seen so far any other suggestions please add to the list
Alien sunshade
Rugged ridge eclipse
J tops USA
Spiderweb shade

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
I have a Spiderweb shade . . . . packed away in a storage tote on a shelf in my garage. I have a soft top and quickly realized the benefit of a shade during peak sun hours did not outweigh what I lost in terms of late afternoon and evening ā€œopen airā€ experience. Iā€™d rather just roll in safari mode midday and drop the top for afternoon and evenings. Nothing against the shade, but I did not like having 80% of a top 100% of the time.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I have a Spiderweb shade . . . . packed away in a storage tote on a shelf in my garage. I have a soft top and quickly realized the benefit of a shade during peak sun hours did not outweigh what I lost in terms of late afternoon and evening ā€œopen airā€ experience. Iā€™d rather just roll in safari mode midday and drop the top for afternoon and evenings. Nothing against the shade, but I did not like having 80% of a top 100% of the time.
I have the alienshade, just in the front and while I think I'll really enjoy it on those really hot days when I have the top completely off, right now if I throw the top back as a sunrider on a decent day, it feels like I don't have it down at all.
Time will tell I suppose. I like being able to look up and see the sky with a convertible usually. We'll see.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
I have the alienshade, just in the front and while I think I'll really enjoy it on those really hot days when I have the top completely off, right now if I throw the top back as a sunrider on a decent day, it feels like I don't have it down at all.
Time will tell I suppose. I like being able to look up and see the sky with a convertible usually. We'll see.
Fully agree. We load up to head to dinner and everybody is like ā€œhey, this shade sucks, I canā€™t see the sky.ā€ Itā€™s all about evaluating the proā€™s and conā€™s, intended use, etc. In my situation, it made sense to take it off and I have yet to consider putting it back on.
Sponsored