Sunrider storage bag (New jeep owner)

jlwrangler4j

First Name
Jhonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’ve read that the Mopar sunrider soft top storage bag will not fit in the wrangler unlimited Sahara with a subwoofer in the back. Is that true?
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I’ve read that the Mopar sunrider soft top storage bag will not fit in the wrangler unlimited Sahara with a subwoofer in the back. Is that true?
Hey Jhonas:

I'm finding it a little confusing when in comes to understanding your question.

The MOPAR, or factory soft tops, which are made in two different materials, can, when installed, open to first position (a.k.a. Sunrider position), and then there's a product from Bestop known as the Sunrider, which is a 1/2 soft top that replaces the hard top's Freedom Panels, and opens in its fullest and only setting, like the 1st position of the MOPAR tops to expose the front seat passengers to the sky.

I have a dual top. My soft top came with a storage cover to protect it when not in use and help keep it in space saving "completely open" position when in storage. Is that the storage bag you refer to, or maybe it's the one that holds the 3 soft windows when removed. If the latter, that fits in the cargo area just fine--even with the soft windows inside of it.

When that soft top is on the rig, I'm pretty the hardware that locks it in place would not let the fabric slip below the height of the tailgate, nor, even if that hardware was detached, would the soft top be narrow enough to fit below the tailgate unless the back seats were taken down on a 4 door, or removed on a 2 door, and the soft top placed in the cargo area diagonally, with its metal hardware pointed to the sky.

Can you restate your thoughts--or maybe someone else gets them and will chime in.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Are you asking about the freedom tops and the storage bags for those? The freedom tops are the two removable panels above driver and passenger in a hard top.

OP
OP
jlwrangler4j

jlwrangler4j

First Name
Jhonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Jhonas:

I'm finding it a little confusing when in comes to understanding your question.

The MOPAR, or factory soft tops, which are made in two different materials, can, when installed, open to first position (a.k.a. Sunrider position), and then there's a product from Bestop known as the Sunrider, which is a 1/2 soft top that replaces the hard top's Freedom Panels, and opens in its fullest and only setting, like the 1st position of the MOPAR tops to expose the front seat passengers to the sky.

I have a dual top. My soft top came with a storage cover to protect it when not in use and help keep it in space saving "completely open" position when in storage. Is that the storage bag you refer to, or maybe it's the one that holds the 3 soft windows when removed. If the latter, that fits in the cargo area just fine--even with the soft windows inside of it.

When that soft top is on the rig, I'm pretty the hardware that locks it in place would not let the fabric slip below the height of the tailgate, nor, even if that hardware was detached, would the soft top be narrow enough to fit below the tailgate unless the back seats were taken down on a 4 door, or removed on a 2 door, and the soft top placed in the cargo area diagonally, with its metal hardware pointed to the sky.

Can you restate your thoughts--or maybe someone else gets them and will chime in.

OP
OP
jlwrangler4j

jlwrangler4j

First Name
Jhonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your reply.
You’re right I wasn’t clear. I have the factory soft top and that can be put in a sunrider position. I was asking about the bag that holds the three window panels from the back.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I only have a soft top and just use a JK window bag. Side windows fit perfectly and the last window in the box (on top) will be the back window folded with a pool noodle so it won't crease. All of this fits behind the back seat perfectly. I run with the top down as much as possible and in 1 year of owning, no creases on the back window.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Thank you for your reply.
You’re right I wasn’t clear. I have the factory soft top and that can be put in a sunrider position. I was asking about the bag that holds the three window panels from the back.
Hey Jhonas:

Now that I'm on the same page as you, the answer is yes...…...

and no....;)

A picture's worth a thousand words

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-window-storage-bag-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

Yes: if the back window's sides are allowed to curl in a bit, sure, you can attach the bag that holds this window and the side windows behind the back seats' head rest--easy peasy.

No: Technically the back window is wider than the rear cabin width.

I'm going with "yes." I've done it. Not a problem. I'm just playing with you because I want to give you the most informed possible answer....

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
In regards to this, I got the dual top option and havent gotten a chance to open the soft top box yet. Does anyone know if this or a similar bag is included in that box or do I have to purchase one to hold my soft top windows

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
In regards to this, I got the dual top option and havent gotten a chance to open the soft top box yet. Does anyone know if this or a similar bag is included in that box or do I have to purchase one to hold my soft top windows
You have to purchase one.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Damn it, thanks the info
Do though save the tall, wide, and narrow box INSIDE the humongous box the soft top comes in, (the latter) that took up all the space behind the front seats.

That tall, wide, and narrow box that holds the soft windows serves as a great place to keep the windows over the winter, after you've enjoyed your soft top during the warmer months.

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Do though save the tall, wide, and narrow box INSIDE the humongous box the soft top comes in, (the latter) that took up all the space behind the front seats.

That tall, wide, and narrow box that holds the soft windows serves as a great place to keep the windows over the winter, after you've enjoyed your soft top during the warmer months.
Thanks for the advice, but this winter here in new york has been very mild. I was contemplating leaving the soft top year round. Anyone else in nyc running their soft top all 4 seasons ?
Sponsored