Sunrider front panel soft top

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
Looking at replacing my hard top freedom panels with the sunrider soft top.
1. Is there a more reasonable option?
2. Is it with the money?
3. When I want to go naked, how hard is this thing to take off?
4. Is it noisy?

thanks a lot
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Guy in the JT just complained how noisy it is. But someone on JL said soft top was noisy. Matter of personal acceptance of noise. Way to expensive for what you get for my taste.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Yes a bit pricy (worth every penny), noise not a big change over hard panels maybe a bit, above 70! I wished I'd discovered "Sunrider" when I had my 2 JKU's it's the best thing ever! I live in N.E. remove panels in March pack em away in the garage and live with the "Sunrider" til late November. I think if it were garaged I'd just for get the snow and leave them on!!!

My JK's had soft tops that didn't excite me, did my doors, top and winshield folded down in my CJ's! I like the HT and the Sunrider makes open air so easy,! The guys saying real noisy probably have big mudders they'll never use off road and one of them cost as much as the Bestop "Sunrider", Not saying big tires ain't great, just sayin'? ;)

No, I don't work for Bestop, great folks however!

Go Jeerp!!!

joecitrix97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
I dont’t work for Bestop either. My Sunrider has been on my Jeep 24x7 since I bought it in early 2019. My Toplift Pro sits in storage unused.

Lately when passengers are not riding with me I pop open the Sunrider along with the back window and leave the window open. If I get too hot at a Red Light, I reach up and pull the top down and let it back up when the light turns green.

The other day I was out for a ride and the bottom fell out of the sky. I was doing about 50 and barely got wet.

Please accept my review for what its worth. I love mine And I believe it was worth it.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
as someone who debated getting one for over a year, ill tell you it should have been the first thing I bought....I think its quieter than the panels and when its open I dont get the whistling/wind buffeting noise that I do when the panels are out.....makes having a hardtop much more enjoyable.....and its very easy to remove and replace just 6 bolts
Sponsored