Sponsored

Sunrider for Hardtop - Wrinkling / Creasing?

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I installed my Sunrider for the Hardtop about a week ago. I love having it. However, I noticed some wrinkling/creasing on the passenger side, while the driver's side is tight and smooth (see photos)

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

IMG_5408.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Hmmm . . . My SR was smooth and tight over the entire surface after installing it. It remains that way after some 4,000 plus miles.

OP
OP
AlamedaJeep

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies. I will try to call Bestop on Monday and see what they say.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hmmm . . . My SR was smooth and tight over the entire surface after installing it. It remains that way after some 4,000 plus miles.

Mine also is perfect after about 450 miles. Something must be going in with yours. I’m sure Bestop will rectify any issues for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlamedaJeep

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:

I heard back from Bestop today. They said "some uniform waviness" may be expected but mine was not uniform and they will take care of it.

Great customer service! Thanks, Bestop!

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Update:

I heard back from Bestop today. They said "some uniform waviness" may be expected but mine was not uniform and they will take care of it.

Great customer service! Thanks, Bestop!
Great! Pleased to read that Bestop worked with you on this matter.

Way to go, Bestop!

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I am tempted to buy a sunrider, but I know how bad that softop material can get over the years. Is the sunrider canvas material easy to replace?

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am tempted to buy a sunrider, but I know how bad that softop material can get over the years. Is the sunrider canvas material easy to replace?
Was just looking at their warranty

https://www.bestop.com/docs/default...estop-warranty-information-ver-d.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Lifetime if you get the twill it looks like. Seems like it wont cover damage due to misuse but it doesnt mention damage due to sun so it might be something to speak w/ bestop with if you keep it outside

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Was just looking at their warranty

https://www.bestop.com/docs/default...estop-warranty-information-ver-d.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Lifetime if you get the twill it looks like. Seems like it wont cover damage due to misuse but it doesnt mention damage due to sun so it might be something to speak w/ bestop with if you keep it outside
I guess my question is, is the top/fabric easy to take off and replace without having to remove all the hardware that you install in the first place?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I guess my question is, is the top/fabric easy to take off and replace without having to remove all the hardware that you install in the first place?
@fat_head

The answer to your question is NO

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
With this top you can't replace the "skin" the entire top is replaced unlike other replace-a-tops that work with OEM and aftermarket hardware. However with the limited lifetime warranty you should be set and wont have to worry about it.
CassieAtBestop

Sponsored