Sponsored

Sunrider for Hardtop AND Dual Tops: Overkill?

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Looking for some feedback and opinions. I live in Chicagoland (i.e. we have all 4 seasons, sometimes in the same day) and have dual tops. I've been thinking about getting the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtops, but also thinking that might be redundant/overkill/too much. With the Mopar all weather cargo mat and tailgate table, the Freedom Panels do not fit in the back of the Jeep, so I don't think I took the Freedom Panels out at all between November and March...but I might have flipped open the Sunrider a few times if I had one...and ran it all winter.

I also changed over to soft top way early this year since we hit 60° one day in March. Have only had it open/down twice since. With the Sunrider, maybe I would have delayed the changeover since I do prefer the using the hardtop when all closed up (quieter, rear defrost, rear cargo area more accessible, etc).

I know, the decision is mine and it only matters what I think, but curious if anybody else has a dual top + Sunrider setup that could weigh in with their experiences.
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
well, I have 2 Jl's.
Bought a 2018 Sahara for wifey in Sept 18 with the dual top group. I bought a 20 Rubicon for myself last fall.
Never installed the soft top, too busy last year.

Note I have PT Cruiser Convertibles, hit a button and top goes down, wife drove her 06 turbo GT stick, loved the ease of putting top down for commute home. With her Wrangler with freedom panels, never takes them out, she is short. so not easy. So I figured she would probably like the Sunrider, just release and flip back, so got one of those to put on it and I will use the full blown soft top on mine. Havent had a chance as yet to install either as yet. Supposed to get snow later, plus the Wranglers are summer toys so not driving them this year as yet.

If I had a do over, would of got the sky one touch for her Sahara and the dual tops for mine.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, if you have that kind of money to spend redundantly, give the money you want to spend on that over priced Bestop thing to me and I'll come over and open up the Sunrider you already have on the soft top any time you want. Wait, Chicago is a hot spot right now - never mind.

And to VNT just go ahead and put down that you are an L. L. Bean trust fund kid. No one else in Maine could afford all of those expensive vehicles.
Sponsored