Sponsored

Sunrider flip top Diamond black or Twill?

mxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 2.0T Rubicon
Looking to buy the Sunrider Fliptop for our Rubicon to use instead of the front hard panels in the summer. What is everyone's preference: Diamond black or Twill? Thanks
Sponsored

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR (Crystal Granite)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I went Twill and have had several tree branches dragged over it with zero issues. I hope this does not jinx my luck.

Don't skimp out on Jeep items as the money saved will normally be added to more money later to buy the part again. lol

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to buy the Sunrider Fliptop for our Rubicon to use instead of the front hard panels in the summer. What is everyone's preference: Diamond black or Twill? Thanks
Had both, Twill wins in every way

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I am curious as well, see plenty of people saying get the twill but almost no one who has purchased the black diamond and posted anything negative. It looks like the black diamond would match the black hard top better.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
We like our twill Sunrider.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sunrider flip top Diamond black or Twill? 20210423_123650

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I am curious as well, see plenty of people saying get the twill but almost no one who has purchased the black diamond and posted anything negative. It looks like the black diamond would match the black hard top better.
@Mac

First off Bestop has terrific offerings.... and their Customer Service is top notch...

I have experienced both the Twill and the Black Diamond...

For sure, the Black Diamond is a bit noisier.

As for looks.... the Black Diamond looks aok, but most all will tell you the Twill looks better.

Also.... do know the warranty on the Twill is better..

To each his own ... but you won't see me ever recommending the Black Diamond over the Twill.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Valid point. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Black Diamond material, otherwise we wouldn't sell it! But Twill is just above and beyond. With most tops the increase in fabric cost equates to a few hundred bucks, in the case of the Sunrider for Hardtop the price difference is only $100 which is why most people end up going Twill on the Sunrider.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing on the matching. But the twill definitely is a nicer material.
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac