Sunrider..... at 70mph.... noise?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have a Jeep with a hardtop and will I really want a sunrider, I am concerned at how noisy it might be, closed, at freeway speeds. I know that it is likely to be more noisy than the freedom top. I get that. But we take long road trips at freeway speeds and 8 hours of noise 9even when closed) might be a bit challenging.

any sources of videos or other “evidence” that tries to quantify the difference in noise at freeway speeds between a closed freedom top and a closed sunrider?
Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I don’t have any videos or “evidence” just an observation. I’ve taken my JLU on many freeway trips and really don’t notice much difference in wind noise. That said, I don’t really expect a super quiet ride and usually have a window at least cracked anyway.

My most recent trip was a 2,500 mile round trip to Montana in the winter. I did consider swapping it out for the freedom panels both for wind and snow, but I went with the Sunrider and have no complaints.

The only time I notice a difference is in a tunnel or under an overpass where the sound bounces down from above.

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I don’t have any videos or “evidence” just an observation. I’ve taken my JLU on many freeway trips and really don’t notice much difference in wind noise. That said, I don’t really expect a super quiet ride and usually have a window at least cracked anyway.

My most recent trip was a 2,500 mile round trip to Montana in the winter. I did consider swapping it out for the freedom panels both for wind and snow, but I went with the Sunrider and have no complaints.

The only time I notice a difference is in a tunnel or under an overpass where the sound bounces down from above.
This is good info..... thank you.
Sponsored