Sponsored

SunPass on the windshield. Yuk. Stop the pain.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
I mounted my compact EZ-Pass transponder in the "blind" area behind the rear view mirror, blind when viewed from the driver's seat. Accordingly, it is not at all in my field of vision. The transponder is still visible from the outside, however.

One comment about painting a transponder, maybe two comments: One, you don't want to cut down its range, so be sure to avoid paints with any kind of metal in it. Second, I've seen light blue transponders on hybrids in some jurisdictions, which gives them special lane access or special rates or whatever. In that scenario, you wouldn't want to paint your transponder.

Safe travels out there!

MH
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
I-Pass in Illinois works fine from the dash. Garage door opener too…
65FAE33A-8C69-4AA9-855A-706B1249D242.jpeg
I need to try this. We got an email from the Illinois Tollway today. Apparently it's having issues reading our Ipass on the Wranglers verticle window and it keeps giving "video tolls" where is just pulling or plate and charging that way. It's apparently excessive after so many offenses in a month and they start charging you the full cash price lol.

They recommend installing it 2" above the dash in the center of the window on a a m wrangler, which looks terrible.

Do you have it connected at all, or does it just sit in there?

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I need to try this. We got an email from the Illinois Tollway today. Apparently it's having issues reading our Ipass on the Wranglers verticle window and it keeps giving "video tolls" where is just pulling or plate and charging that way. It's apparently excessive after so many offenses in a month and they start charging you the full cash price lol.

They recommend installing it 2" above the dash in the center of the window on a a m wrangler, which looks terrible.

Do you have it connected at all, or does it just sit in there?
Just sitting there. Also, nobody seems to want to steal those, I leave it there top-less, door-less, its been fine.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
Just sitting there. Also, nobody seems to want to steal those, I leave it there top-less, door-less, its been fine.
Yea I've never really worked about it being taken, but I guess some people do steal pretty stupid stuff lol

Easy enough to just cancel and grab a new one at Jewel if that happens.

I'll relocate it and see if that helps.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

In Texas too. I put my sticker at the top of the windshield, on the passenger side of the big block that the rear view mirror is mounted to. I have the safety packages, so this block is pretty big. I don't even see the sticker when I'm driving.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In Texas too. I put my sticker at the top of the windshield, on the passenger side of the big block that the rear view mirror is mounted to. I have the safety packages, so this block is pretty big. I don't even see the sticker when I'm driving.
I don't even use my sticker here in DFW. They take photo of license plate. If you ever get a ZIP cash bill in mail it has photo of plate. My account is billed without sticker on windshield.

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
In a lot of places paying by plate is more expensive than a local transponder. We usually just mist ours with a light coating of black spray paint, makes a big difference and mutes the bright white rectangle in the windshield from the outside. Don't need a lot of paint to make a difference.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't even use my sticker here in DFW. They take photo of license plate. If you ever get a ZIP cash bill in mail it has photo of plate. My account is billed without sticker on windshield.
In a lot of places paying by plate is more expensive than a local transponder. We usually just mist ours with a light coating of black spray paint, makes a big difference and mutes the bright white rectangle in the windshield from the outside. Don't need a lot of paint to make a difference.
We are lucky that's not the case. They charge more for ZIP cash if you don't register for an account.

Years ago we had big bulky hard case tag. Now a little thin sticker. Only time I bring sticker out is at DFW airport to charge toll tag with the entry fee. Faster to get in and out of airport. Dedicate lane for toll Tags.

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
Damn. Doesn't fit up there in the 4xe. Lights are in the way so it won't lay flat, so unlikely it would stay up there with any bumps in the road.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
I live in IL as well unfortunately, and really like this cover ...
Jeep Wrangler JL SunPass on the windshield.  Yuk. Stop the pain. EZ Pass

It's on Amazon and I have bought 3 of them now. Perfect for the Jeep sitting in the tray since you really can't see it anymore, but also works well mounted to a window in any car with black trim. Really hides it as opposed to being white against black trim. Still works just as it should too.

AmazonSmile: EZ Skin - The Silicone Skin for EZ Pass! Make Your EZ Pass More Discreet in Your Car with This Silicone Cover/Holder (Suitable for EZ Pass Mini, Most Recent Version of Transponder for Tolls) : Electronics
Sponsored