Sun shades for sky one touch roofs

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
I love my Sky One Touch Roof. The convenience is awesome. However, the heat index is around 112 and quite sunny.

I was wondering if you guys think a sun shade would work with my roof? These black seats can get really hot. Plus I love having the top open but would like some sun protection.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
OP
OP
Memphis Peej

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
I thought you Memphis folk would be used to those sort of heat indexes.
We hit a heat index of 111 degrees on my commute home here in Wichita, Kansas.
I had the doors off and the top down. With 30 to 35 mph cross winds I had to tuck my baseball cap under my leg.
I think the spiderwebshade is my next acquisition.
Used to, yes.
Enjoy, hell no.

Buttsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I just installed the Alien 2 Piece on our 2020 with the Sky One Touch Roof. Looks great, installed great and can be left on permanently..... So it’s Great! Really knocks down a lot of the wind and noise as opposed to nothing. Highly recommend it they are a Sponsor of the site as well.

Sponsored

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Alien 2 Piece on our 2020 with the Sky One Touch Roof. Looks great, installed great and can be left on permanently..... So it’s Great! Really knocks down a lot of the wind and noise as opposed to nothing. Highly recommend it they are a Sponsor of the site as well.
How did you connect the front straps at the windshield?

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
An opposing view; I hate my Alien two piece shade. Maybe I installed them wrong but, nah, they just don’t work for me. At best I can get the shade to sit midway between the top and bottom of the roll bar thus lower the “roof” by several inches - At only six feet tall my head rubs the shade, sucks.

Buttsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have specific bungee straps for the front. They also supply a plastic tool that assists with threading them around the front bar. Actually not to bad the front clips are a little tricky but once you do the first one you will get the “knack” of it. They do have install videos on their site as well as written instruction cards in the box. I didn’t lack for instruction or video resources.

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here are a few tips for the Sky One-Touch installation.

First off, the installation video for the normal Jeep is accurate. When I first did my installation, I got a little confused on how and where to pull the bungees through, but the video made it so much clearer. Placing the T-bungees in the proper places (using the windshield bolt locations) is correct and does work with the power top.

What worked best for me, was to make sure the power top is all the way open. When open, its easier to get the bungees placed. With the top open, its also easier to see the slim gap between the power top frame and the top of the windshield.

The installation tool is critical (the white plastic strip that comes with the 2-piece top). There is no need to lower the windshield. The bungees will fit between the power top frame and the top of the windshield. It is tight, but using the installation tool allows for the tool to be threaded between the power top and the top of the windshield. Then, with some muscle, pulling the installation tool, you can pull the bungee through. Once the bungee is through, I attached the plastic clip as directed in the installation instructions and allowed the clip to slide into place. Once the clip is in place, I attached the T-bungee through the grommet, completing the front installation.

I've had the sunshades off, and when doing so, I just leave the t-bungees in place, making it easier to re-install the shades when needed.

The sunshade front (windshield area) is the tightest spot (meaning, the area with the slimmest gap between the power top frame) but with the installation tool, the bungee will pull through.

Hope this helps.
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Slide5.JPG
Slide6.JPG
Slide8.JPG
Slide7.JPG
Slide9.JPG

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase
Here are a few tips for the Sky One-Touch installation.

First off, the installation video for the normal Jeep is accurate. When I first did my installation, I got a little confused on how and where to pull the bungees through, but the video made it so much clearer. Placing the T-bungees in the proper places (using the windshield bolt locations) is correct and does work with the power top.

What worked best for me, was to make sure the power top is all the way open. When open, its easier to get the bungees placed. With the top open, its also easier to see the slim gap between the power top frame and the top of the windshield.

The installation tool is critical (the white plastic strip that comes with the 2-piece top). There is no need to lower the windshield. The bungees will fit between the power top frame and the top of the windshield. It is tight, but using the installation tool allows for the tool to be threaded between the power top and the top of the windshield. Then, with some muscle, pulling the installation tool, you can pull the bungee through. Once the bungee is through, I attached the plastic clip as directed in the installation instructions and allowed the clip to slide into place. Once the clip is in place, I attached the T-bungee through the grommet, completing the front installation.

I've had the sunshades off, and when doing so, I just leave the t-bungees in place, making it easier to re-install the shades when needed.

The sunshade front (windshield area) is the tightest spot (meaning, the area with the slimmest gap between the power top frame) but with the installation tool, the bungee will pull through.

Hope this helps.
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Slide5.JPG
Slide6.JPG
Slide8.JPG
Slide7.JPG
Slide9.JPG
This is a fantastic instruction guide. Thank you very much for creating it. I'm on the fence between Alienshade and Spiderwebshade because I wasn't sure about the front bungees. This certainly helps.

Sponsored

Buttsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An opposing view; I hate my Alien two piece shade. Maybe I installed them wrong but, nah, they just don’t work for me. At best I can get the shade to sit midway between the top and bottom of the roll bar thus lower the “roof” by several inches - At only six feet tall my head rubs the shade, sucks.
Fair point and I can absolutely see what you mean. You have a couple of inches on me and in this case that’s not a good thing! LOL

dlevitt1641

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Altitude Firecracker Red, 19 Subaru Outback Touring
I am curious if you or anyone else has purchased this. I cannot seem to find a review of it anywhere and I’m on the fence about it.
I own the spiderwebshade for the One Touch and love it. It first great and easy install... the front straps are easy and windshield does not have to be touched. I keep mine on all the time whether the roof is open or closed... great buy

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
I own the spiderwebshade for the One Touch and love it. It first great and easy install... the front straps are easy and windshield does not have to be touched. I keep mine on all the time whether the roof is open or closed... great buy

Is it possible to leave straps and easily remove tarp and re-install easily?
Sponsored